Getting Sky And Internet Via My Existing Provider

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by TheWM, May 3, 2015.

1. TheWM

TheWM Read Only Funster

So, my new MH is setup with a SamySolar system which I believe is Oyster.

When I get it back at home I'll try adjusting the dish to pick up Astra 2? To pick up most UK channels?

I've got a spare box that's hardly used which I pay multiroom for, so I'm hoping I can plug that in and run with it (I'm sure I'll get stuck, but I'll come back and ask for help!) - I'll have to run it via an inverter, but I've got one on board and see what happens.

So - internet. The system seems to be quite good - how do I go about trying to get internet running from the dish? I'm guessing a router would be the first point of call - but with SKY they like to make sure you use their kit, anyone tried this?

2. Satandpcguy

Satandpcguy Funster

As far as I know there are NO satellite internet systems on the satellites used for uk tv at 28 east.
    And Sky UK don't do any kind of satellite internet...
    So you would need to find a satellite internet provider, a satellite internet router, a satellite internet LNB (designed for send and receive), and align the dish to the satellites used by that satellite internet provider ....
    tooway are one of the main providers...

3. TheWM

TheWM Read Only Funster

Thanks - this is useful although looking at some of the speeds available compared to 3G seems a lot of effort for little return. Am I on the right track with 28E for TV?