Getting recorded TV onto my Notebook? (1 Viewer)

Benwick Rambler

Free Member
Oct 21, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I have a Sky/Oyster satellite TV system fitted to my motorhome which works well except when there are too many trees around to block the signal. Having just bought a Samsung NC10 Notebook to access the internet via a Vodafone dongle whilst touring the UK, my thoughts turned to how I might expand my entertainment options by capturing recorded TV programmes on the Notebook. It seems as if it is possible to extract recordings from my homebased Sky+ box but it appears to be very complicated.

The next best option seems to be to buy a USB Freeview HDTV receiver
USB Freeview HDTV Receiver - Black > Portable Freeview
http://www.portablefreeview.co.uk/usb-freeview-hdtv-receiver-black-p-306.html?cPath=27
and to supplement this with a small Mercury EL10 aerial which might work both at home and away?
Link Removed
I know that I could take my homebased Sky+ box with me when on my travels but as I already have a 12v mini Sky box fitted in my motorhome, I'm reluctant to go down this route.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts/experiences that they might want to share with me on this one?

Brian :helpsos:

Last edited:

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I just download them from the "Catchup" channels onto the laptop, BBCi is very good for this. If you don't want to watch them on the laptop, play them back on the TV via the S-video in socket. Works pretty well although downloading can be a bit slow.

ezee

Sunty

Free Member
Dec 10, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2002
TV on the computer

I have WinTV on my notebook which has a very good record feature. I simply connect an analogue cable from the TV out socket on the satellite tuner to the dongle that comes with the kit and record whatever programmes are worth it. Don't know if this will help with the system you have - cost about £30. Sunty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Brian
I do exactly that with my PS3.
Plug external hard drive into PS3 - move recorded program onto it - put HD back in computer...
Couldn't be easier!
Easy to put back on PS3 as well
Jules

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back