Getting paid for a Summer tour of the UK (1 Viewer)

CabinAbs

Free Member
Jan 11, 2016
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi, I've just joined, and am about to buy a motorhome to use for my work at music festivals this summer. It'll be better than sleeping in a tent all summer long!
I'm also looking to employ a "couple" who also own a motorhome to work with me from festival to festival. The work requires a practical ability to work with tools (good DIY skills are enough) as well as more "domestic" duties in setting up luxury boutique camping accommodation for festival goers to sleep in. I can tell you more about the job if you're interested, but it would really suit an active pair that would enjoy free passes to festivals and paid work for the months of June, July and August, all over the UK. There is also time in between festivals to tour the area if you like. If you are interested, or know someone who might be, get in touch with your email address and I'll send you more details. This is a bona fide job offer, please get in touch. Thanks.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Given the weather at a typical UK festival I hope you are going for a 4*4 MH! But otherwise worth looking for rear wheel drive, which more or less means a Merc unless you go down the US RV route.

But good luck, there are active couples about who might jump at this @Armytwowheels spring to mind. :)

OP
OP
C

CabinAbs

Free Member
Jan 11, 2016
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Thanks DBK, will bear the 4*4 advice in mind, although to be fair I usually enter the festival via the trade route which is maintained for bigger vehicles.
Do you think I should message @Armytwowheels directly?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi CabinAbs.
Well you have come to the right place to ask for interested people with motorhomes. Better warn you that you will get all sorts of replies, some good, some rude, some funny. You will have to sift through them but good luck.
I mentioned it to the Mrs, she laughed, something erecting and erections. Said it would be a first for ages. Anyway, I'm interested but I guess at 70 and 67 we are a bit too late!! :giggler:

OP
OP
C

CabinAbs

Free Member
Jan 11, 2016
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
You never know, 70 is probably the new 50 these days :). Are you strong and healthy?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You'll also find some Ford based motorhomes are rear wheel drive, usually with twin wheels which is something to consider if you intended to carry a lot of kit (ie better payload).

Reactions: DBK

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks DBK, will bear the 4*4 advice in mind, although to be fair I usually enter the festival via the trade route which is maintained for bigger vehicles.
Do you think I should message @Armytwowheels directly?
Hi CabinAbs.

We would certainly be interested in hearing more about the summer work. We are in Spain at the moment and plan to be back in the UK for the summer. I will send you a message with our contact details on.

Thanks for the mention @DBK .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back