Getting a 26 footer (8.2 m) to the Isle of Man? (1 Viewer)

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Hmm. Have found the usual online ferry booking sites cannot cater for a vehicle that size, looking at Liverpool, Heysham, etc. Anyone had any experience of doing just this? Theres a truck ferry from fleetwood (don't much like the idea of mixing it with hgv's; nearly everywhere I go in freight terminals and other sites there has much evidence of damaged barriers, bollards, lights and sundry fixtures and fittings. lol! ( I work in multimodal distrib but not driving).But can't find an online price for even that, or owt else. There will be funsters aplenty who have been, yes, but how many with a longer MH? And the rear overhang thing comes to mind as well.... Any thoughts welcome!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I think Simsy (on the Isle of Man) will be the best person to ask about this, you could PM him:Smile:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
IoM

Hi

You need to book by phone, direct with the Isle of Man Steam Packet at the Douglas office.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jackrussel

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Hi

You need to book by phone, direct with the Isle of Man Steam Packet at the Douglas office.

Russell

Thought so. I can't book anything as I don't know yet when I'll be going, but was trying to find a price guide to see how much hard earned they'll relieve me of, hence looking online. I think I will end up calling, but they're bound to want dates for an accurate quote. Still,,, if needs must I can think summat up. Cheers so far folks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back