Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I am just looking into getting a satellite system and also a wifi booster system that will need 12 volt feeds to supply them, what is the easiest way to do this, can I spur off a 12 volt feed that is located near where i need the power or do I have to go right back to the leisure battery/ 12v fuses?

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
You can spur off something locally provided you know that it is rated and fused for the additional power you will be drawing from it. I've done something similar and fused the extra loads at the point I've taken them off the existing circuit, but that circuit still needs to be able to supply its original load and the extra.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
How do you know what rate and fuse a nearby circuit is?

Would love to to put usb/12v sockets into a shelf and the only things nearby are lights and a bed motor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
How do you know what rate and fuse a nearby circuit is?

Would love to to put usb/12v sockets into a shelf and the only things nearby are lights and a bed motor.
I did it by tracking back the circuit to the Electroblok and checking the fitted fuses against the manual. The tracking back can be done by pulling fuses sequentially to see what goes out when you remove the fuse. As the Electroblok is all in German I made up a little table with the German circuit label, the English translation and the circuits supplied, including my additions.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I did it by tracking back the circuit to the Electroblok and checking the fitted fuses against the manual. The tracking back can be done by pulling fuses sequentially to see what goes out when you remove the fuse. As the Electroblok is all in German I made up a little table with the German circuit label, the English translation and the circuits supplied, including my additions.
I presumed that might be the case, have the manual and a EBL docs, what would be really useful for a van would be an actual maintenance manual with wiring diagrams, pipe layouts etc.. but too much I suppose:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back