Get back on track for winter.

Discussion in 'Funsters on a diet' started by Ralph-n-Bev, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Hello all you weightwatching funsters.
    Now that most have had their summer holidays ( blowouts!) it's time to get back on track. Because if you don't. Christmas and all those extra treats will only make you even fatter !
    I've found this chart online. Fill your own details in .
    Height, present weight, age, activity levels.
    If you don't know your weight in kilograms or pounds or your height in inches or cm's you can find out on Google.
    Once filled in you find out how many calories you should be eating to maintain your current weight. ( This is what I'm doing now. )
    Or you can drop the daily amount by 500 to lose a pound a week.
    On top of that if you do the 5/2 ...... Well you'd lose even more.
    Have a go. You may find your eating far too much. Hence the reason why your not losing . Even though your doing two days @ 500 calories. With the funsters 5/2 diet.....
    http://www.globalrph.com/harris-benedict-equation.htm
    Good luck everyone.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    • Like it Like it x 3
  2. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Thanks Bev, just back from 10 day trip, I put on 2 1/2lbs and hubby lost 2 how does that work(n) starting 5/2 again tomorrow.

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

Two apps which are great for providing help dieting are MyNetDiary and MyFitnessPal.

Both are very similar (I use MyNetDiary because you didn't need to put in an email address). You input your age, sex, height, weight etc and it tells you how many cals you should be eating to maintain your weight. You can then select what you want to get down to and by when and it then works out the cals.

You then record on it what you eat and what exercise you do (and remembers your regularly used ones too). Lots of the foods can be entered by using the bar code scanner.

I've lost nearly 2 stone this year using it, albeit it very slowly, because as with pretty much all methods of weight loss you still need one important thing - WILLPOWER, which sometimes I am seriously lacking.

Good luck to anyone embarking on post summer pre Christmas weight loss (y)

• Like it Like it x 2
  4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

I think you've done really well. Only 2.5lb !
    I put on that , and more , just over a weekend of debauchery . I'm expecting a large gain on our Hebredian trip. But I'll get it straight off, once back.

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

You've done great @Stroppy Bird . I've lost 2 stone too since January doing the 5/2 with the funsters. The best thing is my bmi and waist to height ratio is in the ideal healthy range now, and I'm managing to maintain. Even if I have weekend blips. I get back on track , and back to target.
    Saying that we went out for a full Monty Indian last night , and cos the kids are all out today I've not done a Sunday lunch.
    Instead we went to the Empire for fish chips and peas and bread n butter. Plus a pot of tea!
    The place was packed with silver rinses. It was like a senior sitizens outing !
    I'll do a 500 cal fast tomorrow . Honest!

• Like it Like it x 2
  6. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

Well done @Ralph-n-Bev , that's fantastic. I still have nearly another 2 stone to lose to get in the healthy range, but I'm well out of the obese category now. Having spoken to my nurse though she reckons that I will be best suited to the upper end of the healthy range. I have plenty of blips, but manage to stay constant so long as I hit the gym regularly after work (it means I miss the rush hour traffic too!). I occasionally do a 500cal day and will probably do a couple this week because Mr StroppyBird is working away so skipping evening meals will be easier.

We're away in a few weeks time - France - so lots of temptation with the pastries and bread, but we're hoping to offset that with plenty of walking and cycling.

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Enjoy your trip hope weather stays fine and the midges are disappearing. I think I kept gain low as I was pushing Heather the lab long walks in her buggy.:)

• Like it Like it x 1
  8. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Well we plan on doing plenty walking and exploring . But no doubt lots of eating and drinking , knowing us two :blush:
    Looks like Scotland is going to get some nice mild weather over the next month, as @lorger says. Fingers crossed. It's a bonus if it's just dry.

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. big bertha

big bertha Funster

We are going to try and fit in a trip up to Grantown on Spey in October so fingers crossed for weather.

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

Thanks Bev how does cheap Portuguese wine fit in? Will need to get back on 5/2

• Like it Like it x 1
  11. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

12. buttons

buttons Funster

Only put on a pound over the last weeks I think that has now already gone. Just 2 stone to go:)

• Like it Like it x 1
  13. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Hello dieting funsters , I've been looking back through old posts and found this from September 2015. :blush:
    SO
    I've put in my new age , weight , height and found I have to eat 1657 calories, or less each day to lose a pound a week.
    Even though I walk our dog , daily and try and do my 10000 steps a day ( just over 5 mile for me ) with my fitbit1 . Because I don't do proper excersise I'm only in the mild activity range.
    I thought I'd be moderate!
    I'm going to try and eat under 2000 plus do the 5/2 . So the 1lb a week will be do able. Plus it won't be a crash diet.
    Because to maintain my weight as it is I'd have to keep eating 2157 everyday. So the chart says .
    And it worked before for me. So I've nothing to lose , except the stone ive put on!

Anyone else still doing the 5/2 religiously ??
    Or want to start to do it again. To get healthy and back on track ?
    You don't have to post your chart. Obviously. But do it for yourself. You might be surprised . IMG_1419.PNG
    P.S yes we've just ordered a new Hoover , last night, a shark hence all the ads !! It's on it's way . Amazon prime , great Haha

14. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Talking to @Carol the other day about struggling to get on hands and knees to scrub floors or low cupboards, etc., just found this list of different juices to make to help reduce any inflamation from arthritus or gout or anything else on joints. Thought you may find it of interest.

SOME SUGGESTED COMBOS (MEASUREMENT FOR ONE PORTION):
    • [​IMG]2 carrots + 1 cucumber + 8 ribs of celery
    • 2 green apples + 1 cucumber + 1 fennel + 6 leaves of big kale + ¼ lemon slice + thumb-size ginger
    • 2 green apples (or chayote) + 6 ribs of celery + ¼ cabbage + thumb-size ginger
    • 2 carrots + ½ celeriac + 1 fennel + 1 cucumber + ¼ lemon slice
    • 1 green apples + 1 cucumber + 1 small bitter gourd + ¼ lemon slice
    • 1 cucumber + 1 medium-sized beetroot + ¼ lemon slice + thumb-size ginger
    • 6 ribs of celery + ½ small pineapple + ¼ lemon + thumb-size ginger
    • Daily drinking young coconut water (fresh, not packaged coconut water)
    • 1 shot of wheatgrass juice, neat with a squeeze of lemon
    • Eat about 40-50 tart cherries daily
    • Lemongrass-ginger tea
    ALSO, CIRCUMIN in your food when possible.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

:rofl: Is this for me ? I've not got gout Joy @movan , just a fat middle section :blush: hence pulling out this old thread.
    Well it's not as fat as it was in my post on Thursday as I've lost
    .... drum roll.... 5lb. Not bad in 4 days.
    Only 9lb to go to get back to target.:whistle2:
    I made a soup , boiling a left over chicken carcass for my stock saving the left over chicken meat and loads of chopped up veg. ( kale, carrots, onion, peas, broccoli and potato) I've eaten it for lunch at work the last 3 days .
    I've also 2 of the 5/2 days in that too. AND not had any booze !

• Like it Like it x 1
  16. movan

Lol no not you but anybody dieting. YOU are gorgeous as you are .. we all aspire to be like you woman.

Watched Sunday brunch today and some good food that be altered to be less fattening.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Give over woman.
    Joy , @movan your a lovely woman inside and out. :notworthy2:
    Lots of young girls would love a figure ( and skin !) like yours . Never mind older women , and ladies in their 60's must be very envious !

I saw something in the paper about M@S ready meals helping people to lose weight. By having one for lunch and dinner. Due to calorie and portion control.
    Although their foods very nice , I think it's expensive. £4 or £5 a meal.
    Asda do a good for you range that's low salt, fat and calorie. Plus it's more affordable. I also buy a frozen selection from Aldi , on the same lines. Which is only £1.40 and very tasty and good quality even at that price ! Though they do have fish or chicken in them so no good for veggies.
    When I do the 5/2 Days i have poached egg on toast for lunch and one of the meals for dinner. To keep me at the 500 or less limit. M not hungry either.
    I'm still having Kefir for breakfast and before bed though.
    But don't count that in the calories.

I've worked 3 days this week so that helps as I'm not hoovering all the left lover xmas chocolates , still around , and nibbling on the cheeses still in the fridge!
    I'm not working this week ( and only working 3 days over the rest of the month )and we're off to Hawes for the weekend so my good work may get dented a bit .
    Wouldn't mind ralph eats what he wants and doesn't put anything on. And if he does it's gone once we are back home a couple of days.

• Like it Like it x 1
  18. movan

It's evenings watching tv that do me in... I am watching tv and then suddenly realise I've been to the fridge and eaten .. without evenvthi king about it! :(