Get back on track for winter.

Discussion in 'Funsters on a diet' started by Ralph-n-Bev, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Hello all you weightwatching funsters.
    Now that most have had their summer holidays ( blowouts!) it's time to get back on track. Because if you don't. Christmas and all those extra treats will only make you even fatter !
    I've found this chart online. Fill your own details in .
    Height, present weight, age, activity levels.
    If you don't know your weight in kilograms or pounds or your height in inches or cm's you can find out on Google.
    Once filled in you find out how many calories you should be eating to maintain your current weight. ( This is what I'm doing now. )
    Or you can drop the daily amount by 500 to lose a pound a week.
    On top of that if you do the 5/2 ...... Well you'd lose even more.
    Have a go. You may find your eating far too much. Hence the reason why your not losing . Even though your doing two days @ 500 calories. With the funsters 5/2 diet.....
    http://www.globalrph.com/harris-benedict-equation.htm
    Good luck everyone.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Thanks Bev, just back from 10 day trip, I put on 2 1/2lbs and hubby lost 2 how does that work(n) starting 5/2 again tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

Two apps which are great for providing help dieting are MyNetDiary and MyFitnessPal.

Both are very similar (I use MyNetDiary because you didn't need to put in an email address). You input your age, sex, height, weight etc and it tells you how many cals you should be eating to maintain your weight. You can then select what you want to get down to and by when and it then works out the cals.

You then record on it what you eat and what exercise you do (and remembers your regularly used ones too). Lots of the foods can be entered by using the bar code scanner.

I've lost nearly 2 stone this year using it, albeit it very slowly, because as with pretty much all methods of weight loss you still need one important thing - WILLPOWER, which sometimes I am seriously lacking.

Good luck to anyone embarking on post summer pre Christmas weight loss (y)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

I think you've done really well. Only 2.5lb !
    I put on that , and more , just over a weekend of debauchery . I'm expecting a large gain on our Hebredian trip. But I'll get it straight off, once back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

You've done great @Stroppy Bird . I've lost 2 stone too since January doing the 5/2 with the funsters. The best thing is my bmi and waist to height ratio is in the ideal healthy range now, and I'm managing to maintain. Even if I have weekend blips. I get back on track , and back to target.
    Saying that we went out for a full Monty Indian last night , and cos the kids are all out today I've not done a Sunday lunch.
    Instead we went to the Empire for fish chips and peas and bread n butter. Plus a pot of tea!
    The place was packed with silver rinses. It was like a senior sitizens outing !
    I'll do a 500 cal fast tomorrow . Honest!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

Well done @Ralph-n-Bev , that's fantastic. I still have nearly another 2 stone to lose to get in the healthy range, but I'm well out of the obese category now. Having spoken to my nurse though she reckons that I will be best suited to the upper end of the healthy range. I have plenty of blips, but manage to stay constant so long as I hit the gym regularly after work (it means I miss the rush hour traffic too!). I occasionally do a 500cal day and will probably do a couple this week because Mr StroppyBird is working away so skipping evening meals will be easier.

We're away in a few weeks time - France - so lots of temptation with the pastries and bread, but we're hoping to offset that with plenty of walking and cycling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Enjoy your trip hope weather stays fine and the midges are disappearing. I think I kept gain low as I was pushing Heather the lab long walks in her buggy.:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Well we plan on doing plenty walking and exploring . But no doubt lots of eating and drinking , knowing us two :blush:
    Looks like Scotland is going to get some nice mild weather over the next month, as @lorger says. Fingers crossed. It's a bonus if it's just dry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. big bertha

big bertha Funster

We are going to try and fit in a trip up to Grantown on Spey in October so fingers crossed for weather.

• Like Like x 1
  10. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

Thanks Bev how does cheap Portuguese wine fit in? Will need to get back on 5/2

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

12. buttons

buttons Funster

Only put on a pound over the last weeks I think that has now already gone. Just 2 stone to go:)

• Like Like x 1