Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Currently visiting my son and family at Guitersloh where he is stationed with the army.
We all plan to so to Bodensee in the south and wonder if anyone can recommend a site with facilities for two teenagers. windsurfing, sailing & canoeing spring to mind:thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
In Black Forest this year, for a few days we stayed at Bankenhof CS just a couple of miles from Titisee (toilets block extremely clean and reception staff most helpful). Can also order bread for collection in a.m. While in Black Forst you pay tourist tax, but you get that back on free bus/train journeys within Black Forest. We travelled on bus down to Titisee from site to station and got train to Frieburg for a day. Frieburg lovely. Only thing is if you have a dog, you pay for it! Site info on ACSI page 300 (2013). Any further info you can pm us.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I really cannot remeber the name of the farm, but there was some 'local' yoghurt being sold when I was last there in most of the village shops.

Now I am not a yoghurt person, by my word - I could have that every morning! If you see any, try it.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Have you looked at Chiemsee instead - superb water sports facilities and nowhere near so expensive or touristy. Campsite Mowenplatz at Chieming is a good spot for what you want.
It is an ACSI inspected site and also accepts ACSI card out of high season.
South of Munich, lovely part of the world.

We've been to both Bodensee and Chiemsee with our son when we lived in Germany. Chiemsee won hands down.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
In Black Forest this year, for a few days we stayed at Bankenhof CS just a couple of miles from Titisee (toilets block extremely clean and reception staff most helpful). Can also order bread for collection in a.m. While in Black Forst you pay tourist tax, but you get that back on free bus/train journeys within Black Forest. We travelled on bus down to Titisee from site to station and got train to Frieburg for a day. Frieburg lovely. Only thing is if you have a dog, you pay for it! Site info on ACSI page 300 (2013). Any further info you can pm us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
We left this site yesterday very nice it was to :)

sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back