Germany ?? (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
We are thinking of going to Germany, we only have 2 weeks in the summer, so cannot go far, do like nice scenery and not flat, could stay on sites not bothered if they have pools or entertainment ( have a 14 year old girl ) can anyone suggest an area, which is not to far, would like the mountains, but i think that is to far :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Mowbotman

We have spent some time in Germany either as stop over or for a week or so. I have a 15 year old daughter so you have my pity :ROFLMAO:

Try round about the Freilburg area we stayed there for a week about 3 or 4 years ago just parked up on a site and used public transport and bike to get around, they have a good amusement park at Rust near by if your Daughter is into that.

Loads of lovely country side and just a really nice place, on the way down and back we went via Belgium, Luxembourg and France my Daughter love the fact she visited so many countries.

We have also stopped at Stuggart and Ulm while travelling to Lake Garda and back. If you like cars then a day out to the Mercedes museum is well worth it even Sophie said it was a great day. Ulm is a bit further down but a lovely area we only spent a day and night there but will go back as it was a lovely little city.

We are heading to Slovina next summer to visit friends so will get to see more of Germany in the process.

If you go on to the tourist info site for Germany they will send you loads of free brooches and info we have done this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
We are thinking of going to Germany, we only have 2 weeks in the summer, so cannot go far, do like nice scenery and not flat, could stay on sites not bothered if they have pools or entertainment ( have a 14 year old girl ) can anyone suggest an area, which is not to far, would like the mountains, but i think that is to far :thumb:

Hartz Mountains might not be too far
Bad Hartzberg on the internet see what you think

Roger & Sheila.:Smile:::bigsmile:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Second the Hartz Mountains and would add the Eiffel which is a little nearer, less visited and close to Luxembourg, the Rhine, and the German Mosel Valley too.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
2 weeks, I'd go Luxembourg (cheap fuel), Trier then follow the Morsel Vally to Koblenz fantastic trip. come back via Netherlands and Belgium.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Black Forest - were there a few years ago (stayed at a site near Sulzburg, about 20 mls S of Freiburg). It's about 450 miles from Calais. Some lovely walking to be had as well as super scenery.

John

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I would also recommend the Harz mountains

Hartz Mountains might not be too far
Bad Hartzberg on the internet see what you think

Roger & Sheila.:Smile:::bigsmile:

I would also recommend this part of Germany - beautiful place.

About 450 miles from Calais.

MikeD:thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984

If it's not to far off track a visit to the Motorhome Salon at Dusseldorf is a memorable experience.
We went this year and was amazed at the size of the campsite and show.
We have just managed to book our return ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge for £280. That is for a 7.2 mtr van plus a motorcycle trailer and an outside cabin. The C&CC are offering very good discounts at the moment, it may be of interest to you.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Rhudeshiem area of the Rhine is nice and also Eifel mountains there a great lake, walks and a quite interesting "Hitler youth training camp" at Vogelsang. ( i should clarify... ex training camp):Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back