germany trip (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
we have just returned from a 6 week tour of germany, mainly the moselle, black forest and bavaria area. In the 6 weeks we did'nt see more than half a dozen other brits and most of those were caravans. Where was everybody? I would add that Germany is a beautiful country and we would certainly recommend it, particulaly the cheap wine & beer.
spongy::bigsmile:::bigsmile::thumb:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Germany

We have just returned from 3 weeks in Germany and Sweden, we met two other British couples on our travels.
We did see a few British vans on our last campsite in Holland on our way for the Rotterdam Ferry.
Maybe the price of fuel is keeping people closer to home, we spent between £500 and £600 on fuel on our trip, we covered 3000 miles :winky:

aande

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
Continental Trip

We have just returned from a round trip of Italy and Scilly. At every site we only met one other Brit except for Venice where we had a line up of 3 x Scots (including us) - It was a long night! One couple thought they might get back to Scotland just before Xmas! and I thought we were doing well being away for 5 weeks. I'm lucky - I have a brother who lives just outside Calw in the Black Forest area, so we always pop in to say hello - He took us to see the German 'seas' bordering Austria last year - not a moments boredom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are heading for lake garda in 2 weeks and will be spending a week or more in Germany on the way there or back so if any must see things feel free to tell me.

Gerry

mpc13

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Funster No
We are heading through Germany in a couple of weeks to check out Bavaria, black forest and the romatic road. Any good campsites to recommend? have looked for books but there doesn't seem to be any (unlike for France).
cheers.

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
::bigsmile:We are going in September for three weeks, Dunkerque, Montherme, Moselle, Rhine, Heidleberg, Stuttgart, Black Forrest, Alsace and home. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks Harry :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we will be in Germany for 2 months starting mid August, we can never work out why you never see that many English vans , great country next trip we will be on the romantic route to start with the who knows.::bigsmile: Bob.

OP
OP

Deleted User
We are heading through Germany in a couple of weeks to check out Bavaria, black forest and the romatic road. Any good campsites to recommend? have looked for books but there doesn't seem to be any (unlike for France).
cheers.

Nice site at Salem(in the accsi book) about 6 miles from lake Konstance, you might see a hindenberg airship go over if your lucky, also good site at lake rigasse in bavaria also in accsi book, fabulous views of the alps. We didn't have a bad site in Germany the facilities are generally 1st class.
Enjoy
spongy

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
German campsites

cheers.
I can recommend Lech Camping, just north of Augsburg. phone number is (0049) 8207 2200. The owner, Gabi, speaks perfect English (please give her my regards). Top class facilities, supermarket just over the road and wonderful baker a 5 minute walk.
Enjoy,

BobT

chriscoate

Free Member
Jul 13, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
:Smile:Hi All, first post in the forum!
Just returned from a month travelling to Copenhagen via (amongst others) Germany. We stopped in Oyten, nr Bremen on the outward and return trip and found it lovely and peaceful, set on a lake. We also stopped at Klein Roneaus nr Bad Segeburg on the return and this was also set on a lake affording a lovely cycle ride to Bad Segeburg.
We, also, didnt see many Brits on site (nor on the roads) although we did meet two of our pals on the Het Amsterdamse Bos site, who were visiting the the Moselle region via Amsterdam. What a surprise, we knew they might call into amsterdam but surely not the same site on the same day AND be parked only 40 yds away. Small world, eh?:Cool:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Sitting at a Stellplatz on the Rhine at Oberwesel at the moment. Seen a few Brits on our travels some forces who live in Germany. On the Mosel the Stellplatz at Klusserath at 5.50 Euros a night is excellent. The best place we stayed on was the Yatch harbour at Neumagen Dhron 10 Euros a night but excellent toilets and showers (electricity extra if you need it) There are some great sites on the Moselle - The campsites are very expensive at the moment 25 Euros a night. On one at Kell the stellplatz next to the campsite was only 6 euros a night. Very few people in the campsites I think they have priced everyone out.

Sonja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back