germany maps

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by escapee, Sep 17, 2013.

1. escapee

escapee Funster

hi we are planning to visit Germany in a few weeks but incredible cant find a road atlas except at unbelievably high prices at amazon or e-bay our sat-nav went a bit scatty in france the other week so it would be good to have a back up-hope someone can help-cheers dave:Doh:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

How does FREE sound.

But you need an Android and good WiFi for a big download.

Take it with you free app. Most of the world maps for free download. It's very good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

4. Phill D

Phill D

Michelin maps 1:1000000 or 1cm to 10 km £4.99 cheap as chips. i carry a cross section of France, germany, Italy as emergency if sat nav has a wobble.

and to check distances etc. :thumb:

5. makems

makems Funster Life Member

Michelin Maps are good. We spent a few months touring Germany, Holland and a few other places last year and the Michelin map was excellent for route planning and making sure the satnav wasn't telling us to do something stupid.
    The maps are clear and in sufficient detail to make you think "not sure if I want to try that narrow squiggly road in my Motorhome" even though the satnav is encouraging you to go that way. Not expensive from Amazon either

6. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

Wait till you get to Germany and buy a Falk road map, they do a superb large scale map of the whole of Germany which folds in such a way that it is so easy to use on the road. Much better than Michelin IMHO! Just stop at the first large supermarket or small town, many autobahn rest stations also stock them.

If you have a smart phone or ipad download the Bordatlas map, pay the £2.30 (I think) and you can use it off one. Has virtually every stellplatz in Germany plus loads in rest of Europe in it, even has photos of many of them and reviews. It is in German but easy to understand. Here is a link to the web site:

http://www.bordatlas.de/mobile/

Enjoy your trip.