Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
hi we are planning to visit Germany in a few weeks but incredible cant find a road atlas except at unbelievably high prices at amazon or e-bay our sat-nav went a bit scatty in france the other week so it would be good to have a back up-hope someone can help-cheers dave:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How does FREE sound.

But you need an Android and good WiFi for a big download.

Take it with you free app. Most of the world maps for free download. It's very good.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Michelin maps 1:1000000 or 1cm to 10 km £4.99 cheap as chips. i carry a cross section of France, germany, Italy as emergency if sat nav has a wobble.

and to check distances etc. :thumb:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Michelin Maps are good. We spent a few months touring Germany, Holland and a few other places last year and the Michelin map was excellent for route planning and making sure the satnav wasn't telling us to do something stupid.
The maps are clear and in sufficient detail to make you think "not sure if I want to try that narrow squiggly road in my Motorhome" even though the satnav is encouraging you to go that way. Not expensive from Amazon either

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Wait till you get to Germany and buy a Falk road map, they do a superb large scale map of the whole of Germany which folds in such a way that it is so easy to use on the road. Much better than Michelin IMHO! Just stop at the first large supermarket or small town, many autobahn rest stations also stock them.

If you have a smart phone or ipad download the Bordatlas map, pay the £2.30 (I think) and you can use it off one. Has virtually every stellplatz in Germany plus loads in rest of Europe in it, even has photos of many of them and reviews. It is in German but easy to understand. Here is a link to the web site:

http://www.bordatlas.de/mobile/

Enjoy your trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back