German Emissions Sticker Self Destruct (2 Viewers)

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
After hitting the M25 on the way to the CMC Crystal Palace site last weekend. We heard an almighty thud and HWMBO and I nearly jumped out of our skin. Took a large stone chip to our vans windscreen which left a large unrepairable chip in it. Upshot is, nice man came to replace the windscreen so we took out all the stickers in preparation. The German sticker has an anti fraud system which meant that all our details ended up left on the screen and not on the sticker. Contacted the supplier for a replacement to be told, nine!! you have to reapply again from scratch including the full payment. Sheesh, now searching for a car tax holder to avoid this happening again. You have been warned

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It's the car tax holder that is the difficult one. They are about but in little hideaway places. Personally, I'd use (thinking of Blue Peter) sticky back clear plastic. That can be removed from any subsequent screen if needed to and put on new screen by another piece of sticky backed plastic slightly larger and then you won't destroy the Umwelt.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The Blue plakette is being introduced later this year for Euro 6 vehicles with nitrous oxide reduction systems. It looks as if some of the larger cities are planning to make this the only allowable access plakette (Berlin, Munchen etc.)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I put our Swiss vignette in a tax disk holder because I knew we were going to change the van. Next time we went through we were told that it wasn't allowed and forced to stick it to the windscreen. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I put our Swiss vignette in a tax disk holder because I knew we were going to change the van. Next time we went through we were told that it wasn't allowed and forced to stick it to the windscreen. :(
Yes because it's issued to the Moho/vehicle not to the owner at the time. However, once bought it's for the life of the vehicle

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Or the life of the windscreen. :D
Well yes
download (4).jpg

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
The Blue plakette is being introduced later this year for Euro 6 vehicles with nitrous oxide reduction systems. It looks as if some of the larger cities are planning to make this the only allowable access plakette (Berlin, Munchen etc.)

Nitrous oxide????

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
The info that came with ours Umwelt sticker did say that its only valid when its actually stuck to the windscreen. I guess you'd be ok using some kind of a holder so long as no-one looks too closely. Personally I'd just stick it to the windscreen as you're supposed to, in the scheme of things they're very cheap (only cost us £5.19 from here at recent exchange rates).

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Nitrogen dioxide I think.
teasing lol, nitrous oxide = go faster, we used to fit nitrous oxide kits many years back, great fun and addictive, cant see it on any of our vans though:), although i do have a spare kit somewhere.....
50bhp wet shot anyone <<:eek:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well the one I have is not an annual renewal but for the vehicles life (or windscreen)
Swiss vignette? Like this?........... valid from December 16 to end January 18

vignette-schweiz_03.png

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep but I don't need one. Probably neither does the OP as it's about the German one
Sorry to be pedantic (actually, I'm not) but you replied to a reference to the SWISS vignette which is valid for a year -14 months if you buy in December, not the german umweltplakette which is valid for the car and has stuck firmly to the windscreen of my various vehicles. The validity of the umweltplakette is not in doubt

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Can any one tell me if they come as standard on a new vehicle ?

No they don't

Figured as much, although it does seam a bit daft

Quite agree, since every german registered car now seems to have one as a routine item. Suppose that Herr Gruber, living deep in the Black Forest might not need one unless he takes his pigs to market in the big city..........

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can any one tell me if they come as standard on a new vehicle ?
No but they are only €5 from any car main dealer or TUV office in Germany but you won't be able to get one until you have a V5, cheapest place on line is the Berlin Office €6. I got my last one from there and I screwed it up putting on, they sent me another one FOC.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Thanks, I'm hoping the dealer will have attended to it , but have put it on my list of questions for the handover

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks, I'm hoping the dealer will have attended to it , but have put it on my list of questions for the handover
Dealer won't be able to do it, you can't get the sticker until you have a registration document.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hummm if I've not got a registration document, then could that cause problems driving home through, Luxembourg, Belgium & France ?
You'll need to have it before you leave anyway and having it with you, you'll be able to get one from a TUV garage.
As long as you don't go or need to go into the various cities, then it's not a problem. It's not required to transit the countries just to visit various cities

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hummm if I've not got a registration document, then could that cause problems driving home through, Luxembourg, Belgium & France ?

Yes
If you get stopped in Belgium without any registration papers you will sit there till you get them.
And pay €500 fine
I paid the fine for a UK truck driver over here about 7 years ago.
So it is sure not what I have been told.

But if it is a new MHyou will have export registration?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back