german christmas markets

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Frank and Anne, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Frank and Anne

Frank and Anne Read Only Funster

Hi Folks we are going on a 10 day trip 1st December starting at Brugge then progressing into Germany , via Mastreicht , then Rhine Moselle finishing at Trier . can you reccomend any stellplatz on route as we want to use only these. We have just returned from Brigewater Carnival Somerset the largest illuminated carnival in Europe , it was spectacular! we stayed at BQ overnight in town £5.0 donated to charity . well worth it!:thumb:

2. olley

olley Funster

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  3. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

Hi,

We have recently returned from Germany and Belgium and while I don't know your reason for stating that you only want to use Stelplatz's, But if its anything to do with cost then I would suggest that you compare the charges against campsites as some of even the free Stelpltaz charges for electric were more costly than some of the campsites we used albeit we were using our ACSI camping card most of the time,

Its also worth noting that the Aire in Brugge is normally the same price as Camping Memlin and on Memlin you get free showers, water and waste plus a better level of security in my opinion and I beleive that you may have to pay extra on the Aire for water albeit I am not totally sure of that. The only down side to Memlin is either a 20/25 min walk or a 5 min bus ride but I think the above extras far out way the downside, In my opinion, we have used both but now only use Memlin.

Hope that helps

4. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

Lucky lucky you , think of us poor sole working:BigGrin:

If your doing the Xmas Markets, then include valkenburg, just in Holland, Brugge n Koln are both good but imo Valkenburg is by far the best, and cheapest:thumb: