German campsites and school holidays (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have had the MH about two years now and went to Europe last summer for the first time. We are stuck with school holidays so decided to book all our campsites last year. This worked out well and it was easy to book for Belguim/Luxembourg/Holland. However this year we are going for 3 weeks to North Germany. Its really hard to book sites. I email them and get no reply, i have translated my email using google translate. I did get one reply saying that can't reserve but they would have plenty of spaces. Last summer we were very glad we booked as most of the sites were full. We dont want to use aires only campsites. Has anyone else had difficulty booking? Or am worrying unnecessarily?

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We had a month in Germany the year before last (August) and only pre-booked the campsite at Legoland Germany as we had to be there for specific dates but we did not find apart from Lake Bodensee for carnival weekend that the campsites were completely full and could get on or used Stellplatzes in some places.

We did find if you turn up late afternoon or early evening that was when the sites would be full for the evening so getting there earlier in the day was useful.

We have just planned our summer trip also during the school holidays and booked the sites in Switzerland and Italy and found most of the sites if they did not have an automated booking tool would respond to email quite quickly but a couple had office dates published and still closed for winter.

?

Deleted User
I tend to go in the October holiday and yet to have an issue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thanks, i have now booked our sites :). I used pitchup for 4 sites and the rest booked directly. If there was no english on the website i penquired using google translate :) Seemed to work as they replied in German.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back