Gerard's cross (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Looking to stay near Gerard's cross over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Within 20 miles
Any suggestions of any sites with electric hook up

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Wyatt's Covert, a Caravan Club site is very close. It is small and you would be advised to book ahead. Don't approach it from the north at night if at all possible. The road had wheel swallowing potholes when we were there a year or so ago.

May 24, 2016
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016 - this time
Wyatt's Covert, a Caravan Club site is very close. It is small and you would be advised to book ahead. Don't approach it from the north at night if at all possible. The road had wheel swallowing potholes when we were there a year or so ago.
Hi, would this be a good site to stay at (few days) for visiting London by train, bus etc? Looking to do this in early spring maybe.
Thanks in advance ??

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi, would this be a good site to stay at (few days) for visiting London by train, bus etc? Looking to do this in early spring maybe.
Thanks in advance ??
Looking on Google maps it is about a mile, possibly a little more, to the nearest tube/rail station at Denholm. I think the road is walkable but I don't remember a pavement. Taxi might be an option. I suggest ringing the site and asking them how easy it is to get to the station. :)

May 24, 2016
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016 - this time
Looking on Google maps it is about a mile, possibly a little more, to the nearest tube/rail station at Denholm. I think the road is walkable but I don't remember a pavement. Taxi might be an option. I suggest ringing the site and asking them how easy it is to get to the station. :)
Thanks DBK, ? I'll do that nearer the time as I am changing my motorhome before I go.
Looking for sites outside the zone & with easy access to trains into London. Will be travelling from near Bristol so West of London probably best?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks DBK, ? I'll do that nearer the time as I am changing my motorhome before I go.
Looking for sites outside the zone & with easy access to trains into London. Will be travelling from near Bristol so West of London probably best?
If you've got the dates firm for your trip I would suggest you book now as it may be full if you leave it too late.

May 24, 2016
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016 - this time
If you've got the dates firm for your trip I would suggest you book now as it may be full if you leave it too late.
Don't have firm dates yet but can be later than Spring, just has to be after I've changed the motorhome, which will be late Feb/early March (hopefully!)

Reactions: DBK

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The trip to Denholm from the camp site is around 350 miles so I would not recommend walking but its about a mile and a half to Denham railway station. ;)::bigsmile:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Thanks PeteH, probably be the bus or taxi then! ? ?
Might not be this site, there may be another which would be better for London.
Reason I know is that we looked at leaving the M-H at Denham Station, when I went to renew My US Visa. In the end we stayed in a Hotel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back