George Clarke's Amazing Caravans & Campervans (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Thanks @canopus for the heads up. Will be out but have now sheduled it to record.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
In one of the 'Amazing spaces' programs there was an ex. North Sea oil production platform enclosed lifeboat..

.. On the side it had the platform name.. NW Hutton..

This was the very platform I spent many years on in the 80s .. employed as an instrument technician.. I was also a lifeboat coxswain, and in all probability had practiced with that boat.. :(

The platform has since been decommissioned and removed.. the accommodation module I believe is now being used as an on shore office block..

Don't know why, but it made me so sad to see it all chopped, hacked and converted to a house boat.. but I guess it lives on..

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I like George Clarke's Amazing Spaces but this appears to be a programme made up from caravan and camper vans featured in past episodes of Amazing Spaces. So if you have you have watched this there may not be anything new to see.
Might watch it again though!

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
This was the very platform I spent many years on in the 80s .. employed as an instrument technician.. ..
More memories Jim
4-20mA output for Moving coil or even a Moving Iron Amm x5 over scale feeding a Transducer connected to a BMS oh and CT's with a 1A sec(y)

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Enjoyed watching , I think some MH manufactorers could learn a lot from this.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I loved the little van the chap made for him and his sons. I bet they will have loads of fun in that for many years.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I thought it was going to be something new too, but I had seen them all before. The original episodes of the program went into a lot more detail during the builds. Still worth a watch though.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
In one of the 'Amazing spaces' programs there was an ex. North Sea oil production platform enclosed lifeboat..

.. On the side it had the platform name.. NW Hutton..

This was the very platform I spent many years on in the 80s .. employed as an instrument technician.. I was also a lifeboat coxswain, and in all probability had practiced with that boat.. :(

The platform has since been decommissioned and removed.. the accommodation module I believe is now being used as an on shore office block..

Don't know why, but it made me so sad to see it all chopped, hacked and converted to a house boat.. but I guess it lives on..
I also work on the NW Hutton as a derrickman.
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
small world Bill .. when was that ?

I was on NWH from '83 - '87
I was there when the first hole was drilled and complete till about March 1984 then I was involved in the decommissioning when the last resor was removed and the drilling equipment removed from the Derrick I was in the last drilling crew to leave the platform
It was a sorry state then I
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back