Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Err... I have 6 panels... 2 on Hymer and 4 on the Black Beast...

(and my Dad's bigger than yours...)

JJ :Cool:

But is he as smart as mine ?
I know from previous posts your not stuck somewhere up a mountain running out of daylight on the shortest most overcast day of the year!
You'r based in Portugal where the sun does shine,but was your installer bright enough to fit a relay :Doh:
If so in the worst case scenario when we have an eclipse that lasts weeks after thermoeo nuclear meltdown and petrol is rarer than an optimistic Man Utd fan,you'll kick yourself and wish you'd spent a tender or so and made up some leads that reach from your leisure battery to the engine batt !
Then you could escape the fallout:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My installer???

You are speaking (posting) to him... :thumb:

Hymer hookup and solar panels charge all batteries as required...

Iveco has 4 panels and an EHU consisting of an (old) extension lead and a ctek battery charger... and when on the road a Sterling B2B and a (yet to be fitted) Battery Mate thingy from my mates at Road Pro...

But I still carry a genny on each vehicle...

I want total control of me, my people and my empire...:ROFLMAO:

Independence ROOLS...

JJ :Cool:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well if I were you I'd be worried, there's not many of you lot left!
Since Saddam bit the bullet I thought you'd all gone underground.Being a dictator is not all it used to be:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Rutty tufty Eco motor homers have a solar panel ,if you fit a relay ,as you sit in your out of the way spot soaking up the scenery your batteries could be soaking up the free power of the sun!

Vlad
Alas, not in the rain, in the fog, in the snow, we with generators live in the un-sunny part of the world, the extra weight is worth the peace of mind.
Did you read the thread where the guy was stuck up a mountain with flat batteries and gelled diesel, bet he wished he had a genny.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:Doh: :Doh::Doh:
The quote to solar panels was directed at someone who spends his days in the sun,therefore no excuse!
The fella up a mountain with a flat Engine battery and gelled diesel? would have done better with a long set of jump leads than another motor to give him problems or do you know a of a genny that can ungell diesel
Any savvy motor homer wouldn't go near conditions like this unless they had a b2b set up,balls of steel and a full compliment of Aldi ski wear:winky:

Vlad

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
:Doh: :Doh::Doh:
The quote to solar panels was directed at someone who spends his days in the sun,therefore no excuse!
The fella up a mountain with a flat Engine battery and gelled diesel? would have done better with a long set of jump leads than another motor to give him problems or do you know a of a genny that can ungell diesel
Any savvy motor homer wouldn't go near conditions like this unless they had a b2b set up,balls of steel and a full compliment of Aldi ski wear:winky:

Vlad

Nope disagree there - should have put some of this in his tank at the last fill up Wurth - Winter Diesel Additive that would have kept the diesel flowing to approx. -31 degrees ( varies with some diesels ) and a good genny - he would have kept warm - batteries would be well charged and the truck would have started when he wanted it to - simples :ROFLMAO:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:Doh:eek:f course this additive would have evaporated the water in the filters or what ever problem kept him there
And unlike all the other vehicles up there without generators or additive he'd have got home and they would all still be stuck there ( but there not? )

Vlad

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
:Doh:eek:f course this additive would have evaporated the water in the filters or what ever problem kept him there
And unlike all the other vehicles up there without generators or additive he'd have got home and they would all still be stuck there ( but there not? )

Vlad

Do tell where did this water come from ?? no mention so far of water and if this chap has managed to run a diesel engine on water I take my hat off to him. In your previous post it was gelled diesel and flat batteries - no leads battery to battery in the world will solve a water in the diesel problem.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Personally, I wake up and start up the 5.5KW Onan and then the whole campsite gets up. :ROFLMAO:

OR

I get out my little tiny Honda and everybody sleeps. :thumb:

SO

That means I carry three engines. :Doh: :whatthe: But then it's an American RV and I have loads of lockers. :shout:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ahah...If you were really sensible like Old Mo, you would get someone else to carry your generator :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well if I were you I'd be worried, there's not many of you lot left!
Since Saddam bit the bullet I thought you'd all gone underground.Being a dictator is not all it used to be:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad

LOL...

I only want TOTAL CONTROL over MY OWN life...

I encourage everyone else to live life as they choose even if it involves impaling things...

JJ. :Cool:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Ahah...If you were really sensible like Old Mo, :ROFLMAO:

The VeryOldMoIceCreamMan, sensible, now let me think, ah yes .....................................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back