Geneva (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Looking for a stop over in or around Geneva for 2 nights in August any recommendations welcome

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Looking around seems damn expensive I know there's a good rail network so may look further afield and train it in, anyone done this?

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I don't know if it's any good, but we are off here for a couple of nights stop over in May. It's on the French side of the border so no need to worry about vignettes etc for driving in Switzerland and is supposedly easy to get into Geneva town itself.

Campsite Sites & Paysages La Colombière

166 chemin Neuf

74160 Neydens

France

GPS: N 46°7'11" E 6°6'19"

http://www.camping-la-colombiere.com/en/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I don't know if it's any good, but we are off here for a couple of nights stop over in May. It's on the French side of the border so no need to worry about vignettes etc for driving in Switzerland and is supposedly easy to get into Geneva town itself.

Campsite Sites & Paysages La Colombière

166 chemin Neuf

74160 Neydens

France

GPS: N 46°7'11" E 6°6'19"

Thanks not too bad a price 80 euro for 4 of us 2 nights
Looks like a 20 min drive whichome ain't bad so long as can find somewhere to park???

Can you let me know how you find it and howe you get into town please
Apart from bus which I'd circ 1hr not found a train route yet

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks like a 20 min drive whichome ain't bad so long as can find somewhere to park???

Can you let me know how you find it and howe you get into town please
Apart from bus which I'd circ 1hr not found a train route yet
We stayed here last June/July for a few nights, lovely site if a bit expensive. We didn't have much choice as we were collecting our daughter and boyfriend who finished their Interrail trip in Geneva. We originally booked in for the 2 of us for 2 nights but due to rail strike we had to stay longer and forgot to tell them we had 4 people for 2 nights.

If you walk about 10 mins max from the site you will catch a regular service into Geneva, take your passport as you go through border control. If you have your bikes then you can cycle all the way in on some quiet roads and cycle path, if I remember correctly its about 6 or 7 miles.

You will find some nice Aires also, we stayed in one right on the lakeside but cant think what it was called.
Try here for some info https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
We stayed here last June/July for a few nights, lovely site if a bit expensive. We didn't have much choice as we were collecting our daughter and boyfriend who finished their Interrail trip in Geneva. We originally booked in for the 2 of us for 2 nights but due to rail strike we had to stay longer and forgot to tell them we had 4 people for 2 nights.

If you walk about 10 mins max from the site you will catch a regular service into Geneva, take your passport as you go through border control. If you have your bikes then you can cycle all the way in on some quiet roads and cycle path, if I remember correctly its about 6 or 7 miles.

You will find some nice Aires also, we stayed in one right on the lakeside but cant think what it was called.
Try here for some info https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/
Cheers is that a bus or train service?
Was thinking aires but since 2nd week in Aug not sure will get on and dont wont to risk it

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Cheers is that a bus or train service?
Was thinking aires but since 2nd week in Aug not sure will get on and dont wont to risk it
Sorry its bus service, if your going with kids then take them to the tourist place next to bus stop it has a lovely swimming complex and other sports.
I think it was roughly 5 euros but i'm terrible with things like this.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Damn price excludeso booking fee and only for 2 persons it's actually 130 euro for all 4 of us and a dog for 2 nights. Grrr

Oh well needs must I suppose got a good price in Lake garda so evens itself to up.

Gonna have to consider booking itit

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If your a member of caravan club phone them for a price as I'm sure the site had CC sticker in window. We just turned up without booking as it was out with school holidays site was busy. Now I remember the CC had a rally there with about 30 British vans.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
If your a member of caravan club phone them for a price as I'm sure the site had CC sticker in window. We just turned up without booking as it was out with school holidays site was busy. Now I remember the CC had a rally there with about 30 British vans.
Thanks I am a member of c&cc not cc

Dec 16, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
We went to this campsite in 2015 http://www.geneva-camping.ch/
It wasn't particularly cheap and had a fair number of long term people on the site. But it was within cycling distance to CERN (which is free if you apply first) and slightly longer to the city centre. Also they gave us free Tram passes as part of the fee - which were handy. We found it easiest to cycle to CERN and then get a tram in.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Nice got two choices now
In France close to border

Or outskirks of Geneva
http://geneva-camping.ch/

Both confirmed availability :)

However based on reviews I think Colimbiere seems to be the better of the two and prob the one we will book. Yes its further out of town and a border to cross but theres a bus close by and you pay for what you get. Saying that its only 10% more expensive.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back