generators (1 Viewer)

J

jacquigem

Deleted User
Hi please can someone give me some guidance on which Honda generator to buy and where to get it from. I live in wakefield and own Kontiki Swifft 665P and need an extra source of power.
thanks Jacqui

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi please can someone give me some guidance on which Honda generator to buy and where to get it from. I live in wakefield and own Kontiki Swifft 665P and need an extra source of power.
thanks Jacqui

Not what you asked but I've just bought this.... Link Removed
They also do the popular Kipor.

I've bought this just as an emergency backup for our Morocco trip next year, so I'm not thinking long term, long hours. It's run a few hours now on a dummy load and works well. £201 delivered.

But what are your needs, the above is the smallest 800W continuous generator which is massive compared to solar for topping up the batteries but small if you want to run a dish washer.

Brian.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
These guys are pretty good on price Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Well what a refreshing change to another Forum, A question is asked about Generators and gets 2 sensible answers. If the same question had been asked on another forum there would have been 3 pages of anti generator posts, advice on solar panels or go buy another x amount of leisure batteries.

impressed :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Well what a refreshing change to another Forum, A question is asked about Generators and gets 2 sensible answers. If the same question had been asked on another forum there would have been 3 pages of anti generator posts, advice on solar panels or go buy another x amount of leisure batteries.

impressed :thumb:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have a Kipor 2 KW one and half the price of a honda (never going to be as good but great for when it's needed)

If i was buying again I would go for the 2.6KW one as would then be perfect for my needs.

Big is better than to small power wise:winky:

SEE HERE

Last edited:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
generator

Hi,i have a kipor 3kw and it has been fantastic for the past two years.
i bought it second hand for 400,so alot cheaper than honda,it also gets used at work when we dont have electric,runs all my power tools.
most importantly it runs my wife and daughters hairdryers,curling tongs,straighteners ,footspa and sunbed no problem.:Smile::Smile::Smile:
Has someone has said,this question is punishable by death on another forum.
Dave
p.s only joking about the sunbed.We dont have one in the motorhome,i have to tow it on the trailer instead:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have a Kipor 2 KW one and half the price of a honda (never going to be as good but great for when it's needed)

If i was buying again I would go for the 2.6KW one as would then be perfect for my needs.

Big is better than to small power wise:winky:

SEE HERE

you're in for a shock John,

its rated at a continuous 1.6 kva which is actually 1.28 kw

max output is 2 kva which equates to 1.6 kw

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

that all that matters john,:thumb:
mines a Kipor 2.6 and its big enough to run the 240v roof aircon, lights, TV and onboard charger.::bigsmile:

That why i said earlier the bigger one would suit me better:winky:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back