LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Can anyone tell what is the best make of genny to buy please?

We have a Autotrail with x 2 batteries and i know one day soon i am going to have to let go of the umbilical cord and go freestyle :ROFLMAO: Newbury ??

With 2 toddlers on board i don`t want to end up with lots of screaming in the darkness :Eeek:.
If i cut off on the tv,radio,laptop ect and gas up everything i can , i don`t know how long the battery(s) will last, and what power genny will i need?
I have seen some on amazon :thumb: --i don`t know much about them :Blush:

This is a thorny issue with different people preferring different makes

I personally have a honda 2kw

what you basically need to know is that not all gennies are suited to using with a motorhome, whether it be for noise level or the output type. the best ones are very quiet and have an inverter output with a pure sine wave

look at honda and kippor for a start, but they are not cheap

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
We have one of these for battery charging. £260, it works fine, nice little Inverter unit. Not up to Honda standards, but neither is the price. :ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
accompanied by around 120db and a big shower of sparks, you would hear that over a kipper any day. :winky:

someone would question it...I know I would.

then they would need to carry a genny AND the grinder....my kipper weighs around 56lbs and i couldn't run far with that and a grinder sticking out my pocket.

Underestimate the scroats at your peril ::bigsmile: Small cordless cutter about 3 lbs and your 56 lbs genny between 2 - they will be down the road before you open the van door :Eeek:::bigsmile:
terry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
This is a thorny issue with different people preferring different makes

I personally have a honda 2kw

what you basically need to know is that not all gennies are suited to using with a motorhome, whether it be for noise level or the output type. the best ones are very quiet and have an inverter output with a pure sine wave

look at honda and kippor for a start, but they are not cheap

Not a thorny issue at all.

Everyone knows that Honda make the best, that's why I have one.
of course,
Many know that Honda are not the cheapest so that's why some don't have one.

Some will not justify the expense as they bring it out the van 1 day a year, others like myself use it regulally due to many winter trips and many electrical needs, 2 kids 1 wife as many laptops and a hair problem.

Its always great to know that when I pull that string, only one thing will happen,

Pure sine wave electrikery and my Kippor mates asking if they can borrow a screwdriver and plug spanner. :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Can anyone tell what is the best make of genny to buy please?

We have a Autotrail with x 2 batteries and i know one day soon i am going to have to let go of the umbilical cord and go freestyle :ROFLMAO: Newbury ??

With 2 toddlers on board i don`t want to end up with lots of screaming in the darkness :Eeek:.
If i cut off on the tv,radio,laptop ect and gas up everything i can , i don`t know how long the battery(s) will last, and what power genny will i need?
I have seen some on amazon :thumb: --i don`t know much about them :Blush:

Ask yourself if you need one :winky:Try a couple of nights away without hook up-a second battery or even a third may well suffice.:thumb:
Honda are always regarded the best :thumb: but also pricey
you could always (if needed) buy a cheaper one and solar panels thereby getting the best of both for less than half the price of the Honda :Smile:
terry
edit there is a 1000w pure sin wave at JTF for less than £180 inc vat- 80w solar on ebay BIN for £80 the other day

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back