Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My take on this:

High-viz jackets - you should have these immediately accessible from the cab without having to go elsewhere in the vehicle to retrieve them - if you have an accident and have to vacate in a hurry, you will need to be able to get them on straight away for your OWN safety, not because of the law, I hasten to add whilst this is NOT law in the UK it would be a sensible course of action here too.(y) Ours live in the cab doors.

Warning triangles - again ideally have them easily reachable from the cab - ours live behind the driver's seat, whilst not a legal requirements we have 2 so if we DO venture into countries where 2 are required we are covered.:)

Headlight deflectors - we have a set and if necessary will fit them (ie if we are going to drive at night), but on our last 5 week holiday in mainland Europe they had a nice 'rest' in the glove box! :rolleyes:

Breathalyzers ... waste of money! :LOL:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Warning triangles -

Has anybody ever seen one of these placed in such a way, or far enough away from the vehicle to be of any use whatsoever

Surely they have been out trumped now by hazard warning lights, unless dangerously close to a bend where they would not be seen, but neither would the triangle if rested against the back of the broken down hazard as most seem to be

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The UK law requires the dipped beam to be designed to prevent dazzle to oncoming drivers....the left hand bias kick up also provides greater illumination of the verge for a further distance than a straight dipped beam which, on foriegn roads, is the bit that dazzles which is why deflectors should be fitted.
If deflectors are fitted in the uk then the only thing that changed is you no longer have that extended light illuminating the verge.....you cannot dazzle oncoming drivers.

Thanks, (y)

I am now a bit wiser

Still question how if fitted a vehicle can get through a UK MOT though, presuming they were in the right place in the first place

:D

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Do these deflectors actually deflect or do they just block off part of the beam. ones I had many moons ago were a shaped Fresnel lense construction. The ones I had last year were just round bits of flat plastic. I couldn't see how they could bend a beam.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Oh, but he did, he even adjusted one off his own bat, and didn't charge for it

Your deflectors are not doing anything then or he has had to adjust because of them. BUSBY:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back