Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Picked up my "new" Autotrail today.....and Im getting to know it .

it has a Gemini 7590 alarm fitted.

The dealer was very good spending a long time on all aspects of the van ....but he clearly wasnt up to speed.on the gemini beyond opening the doors and locking them with central locking.......and showing me a little "disarmer" key
that fits into a hole in the dash.

I wasnt bothered as I said I would read up on it as all the original documentation and instructions were there and after a couple of hours of " look at this" and " this is how this part works" I was misting over from information overload .

I have just read a dozen or so pages of "explanation " from the manual and it might as well have been written in chinese. Perhaps the worst instruction book I have ever read.

Does anyone know this system or can help me with a few questions.

Yes I can lock the vehicle................yes I can open the vehicle which is sitting alarmed ( I hope) outside in my drive.
But what I do if Im staying inside it etc..I have no idea and the book is obviously written by a techie who is too close to his product:):Smile:

help :)

thanks

barry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think the Gemini is an American alarm system and i can sympathize with you on the manual.

all the various manuals in my RV appear to have been written by 10 year old American kids with a fetish for pencils and a strange ability to withhold important info......
how to light the furnace....turn the furnace switch on :Doh:
and that wonderful bit of info will take a whole page.

surely Americans cant be that stupid.....or can they ? :roflmto:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
i think the Gemini is an American alarm system and i can sympathize with you on the manual.

all the various manuals in my RV appear to have been written by 10 year old American kids with a fetish for pencils and a strange ability to withhold important info......
how to light the furnace....turn the furnace switch on :Doh:
and that wonderful bit of info will take a whole page.

surely Americans cant be that stupid.....or can they ? :roflmto:

Yes! A woman recently sued an RV company, for not telling her that the cruise control facility meant she had to stay behind the wheel!

She set the cruise, went into the back for a rest and the vehicle crashed.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
italian I think

The "End user manual " says that they are based in italy.
And it looks as though the booklet is probably failing to communicate
in a total of seven languages. :):)

I should track down a friendly installer and get some hands on advice

barry

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
I have a Gemini 7590T2 which came equiped with a completely unreadable paper booklet and had just the same problem. I e-mailed the company who fitted the alarm over the same question and their reply was....that is not a problem. First thing is to arm the alarm as normal with the dimpled button then
immediately press the smooth button below which will automatically disarm the sensors so you can move around inside as you like.
if you want their e-mail address it is M A AUTOSERVE <maautoserve@ntlworld.com>

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Gobsmacked !

This morning I rang around a few dealers and tried Timberland Motorhomes
who stamped the "User Manual " and obviously installed the system a couple of years ago.
They told me the only way to get hold of their workshop expert was by email.......... which I thought was so helpful :)

Another security company named Gemini tec clearly fed up with people confusing them with Gemini gave me the head off ice number for Gemini.

Option 2 was technical help.and in 3 rings a mature well spoken techie came on and calmly took me through the very simple arming/ dissarming how to do this and that of the system.

I asked him about the Gemini alarm immobiliser which has an addon for motorhomes and he was most enthusiastic saying it was the very best system in his opinion for the Fiat Ducato.

I asked if the garage doors were alarmed and we tested them ( over the phone )
and yes they were !!!!!! loud alarm

Really simple to use........tech help of the top order !!!!
What more can you ask for .......well perhaps a user manual that wasnt translated from italian by a chinese person might be a way forward.

BUt problem solved and Im Gobsmacked at finding a company that is actually helpful and pleased I have a Gemini thatcham approved
alarm that I now know how to use :)

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS ADVANTAGE T6511
Exp
Since 2012
Gemini 7590T2-1 alarm

Hi Barry,

I appreciate this thread is over two years old but I have encountered the same issues as you i.e. finding out how to operate the different features with this alarm system. And I agree the user manual is not worth the paper it is written on.
I can arm and disarm the alarm system easily enough by pressing the dimpled button on the remote but how do I deactivate the interior sensors for example when we are in the van of a night.
One of the previous replies suggested arming the system by pressing the dimpled button then immediately pressing the smooth button.
I haven't tried this yet but I seem to recollect the dealer telling me I had to use the two pin electronic key to activate this feature. I would be grateful for any help you could provide or would you recommend I call Gemini as you did.

Thanks.

Doug.

Cshvjhshsh22

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift kintiki 649
I have an out smart the thief alarm and I have just changed the battery s on my door contact and my internal habitation sensor and they no longer link to the alarm
Can you please send me the manual
I have just paid ostt for another 5 years after just finishing off the first 5 years. I must say Carl is absolutely brilliant and on one occasion in France on the motorway services probably saved our lives
I do not want to keep troubling Carl And I need to re sink these 2 sensors can someone tell me how to put the alarm into learn mode so I can re connect the wireless sensors
The manual would be great
If someone could send it me
Stevehughes50@hotmail.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back