LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Ok at the risk of kicking off the usual and highly boring debate on the merits of Red generators against Yellow generators or even Blue one......

Where, preferably in South Wales can I get my Kipor IP2000 generator serviced?

Thanks all.

Peter

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Peter save your holidays up and have a trip to Portugal JJ is a magician with them

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
may be a daft question Peter, but apart from an oil change and clean/wash the air filter what else is there.....?

none adjustable electronic ignition, spark plug will be good for many hundreds of hours use and modern plugs dont like being cleaned, basic carb wont need adjusting and the electric output is none adjustable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peter H

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
may be a daft question Peter, but apart from an oil change and clean/wash the air filter what else is there.....?

none adjustable electronic ignition, spark plug will be good for many hundreds of hours use and modern plugs dont like being cleaned, basic carb wont need adjusting and the electric output is none adjustable.

Its difficult to start and when it does sometimes won't go into full speed? Sounds like a sewing machine on steroids. Oh cuts out when you swich from start to run.

Peter

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Ok at the risk of kicking off the usual and highly boring debate on the merits of Red generators against Yellow generators or even Blue one......

Where, preferably in South Wales can I get my Kipor IP2000 generator serviced?

Thanks all.

Peter

you have a PM

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Its difficult to start and when it does sometimes won't go into full speed? Sounds like a sewing machine on steroids. Oh cuts out when you swich from start to run.

Peter
good enough reason for a service then Peter...i thought you meant a routine service :Doh:

sounds like a partly blocked main jet and not the easiest of carburettors to remove :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peter H

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Although I worked in the motor manufacturing industry for some 38 years, the workings of the internal combustion engine are and I hope always will be a complete mystery to me !

Cheers

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thats the problem being a production line operative Peter.....you bolt a part on but you niether know or care what it is or does :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back