GeeBikes Electric Folder..

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by W18BLA, Sep 5, 2011.

1. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

Well we had a great time at Newark and whilst there i had a good nosey around all the Electric bikes that was avaliable and as usal there was alot, Anyway i test rode everyone as i was not going to spend over £500 if i couldn't get on with it, Anyway i then found out that Red Dragon Steve was looking for one for his wife Yingying but was unaware at this time if he was going to buy one,

After about 4 hrs of riding and trying every single one i could and about 4 three times i ended up going over to one that was at the far end of the show that i had not tried before i made my decision, So i borrowed one of theres for about 20mins and i was so impressed by not just the build but how well it performed, I purchased one at a cost of £645.00.. :Eeek:

Now i bought this so i could use it for work, Which is what i have done today, And i am over the moon i have shaved over 5mins off the car journey instead of 20mins it is now 13mins, I have used no fuel :thumb:, I have used it on pedal assits most the way and got alittle fitter, But most of all them hills are a piece of cake to ride up :BigGrin:..

So so far a great purchase and i am looking forward to using it more as it is so fun passing other cyclists and saying "Good Morning" as they are out of breath struggerling up a hill as i sail past..

Craig

Only sad thing motorhome is back at Fiat weeing oil on floor :cry: But is being sorted under warranty again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

I bought one from AS Bikes at Great Malvern. I just love it. Could have done with it all those years I sat in the morning rush hour. Mine's a folding bike and step-through. :BigGrin: A least I can get my leg over now. STOP IIIIIIT! :Laughing:
    Ivy

• Like Like x 1
  3. CURLYCORNFLAKE

CURLYCORNFLAKE Read Only Funster

well done

haha great to see you trying the bike out Craig glad its worked out OK for work.
    most impressive thing about the bike was seeing Jim road test it at about 30 miles an hour.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I was racing young JJ.:BigGrin: I know, Sian tells me, I'm just a big kid:Blush:

5. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

:Eeek: Noooooooooo...

6. RollingRog

RollingRog Read Only Funster

which?

We have decided to invest in electric bikes (as we are not getting any younger) and would be interested to know which one you bought,( pm me if you dont want to advertise ) would be grateful
    thanks

7. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

I have no problem with that this is the link from Geebikes - http://www.geebikes.co.uk/Geebikes/Ventoux.html Tell them Craig from coventry that bought it one at Newark sent you to them and you might get it at show price :Wink:

Craig

8. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Funster

:Cool:Nice one Craig:thumb:
    Really pleased you have done the work trip and it exceeded your expectations.
    My wife (Jinxia), Yingying being the daughter:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: is also over the moon with her "GEEBIKE" so it would appear we both found the ideal bike after a lot of intensive scrutiny of all the bikes that were there.

Steve:BigGrin:

9. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

Ooops sorry Steve lmao..... Yes they seem to be superb but one thing i will say and you proberbly know but just incase, The power meter will go down when you hit hills or pull off on a hardstart on the handle bars this is not battery low it is showing you how much power is being pulled and how much harder it is using power, I thought it was low battery or problem with meter but then i read the manual :Rofl1: RTFM! ccomes to mind..

Craig

• Like Like x 1
  10. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi We bought two from AS Bikes last week at the FOL rally, seen him at all the shows quality bikes, £645 each 36v battery and 250 motor, with two carry bags, role on Spain. pete :thumb::thumb:

11. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I bought 2 AS bikes 12 months ago from their depot near Coventry, folded I can fit them both in the rear lounge of my Autoquest 120. Been a trouble free 12 months although at nearly 14st in hindsight, I probably would have gone for the 36v rather than 24v that I did. Having said that I can get a 20 mile trip out of mine and thats quite far enough (saddles aren't like car seats). One thing you will need to look out for though is the fact that they are extremely attractive looking bikes and draw a lot of attention wherever you go with them, make sure they are well chained up!! :thumb::thumb:

12. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

Update!....

Well i have been using it everyday to work and all is well and great fun lol.. I reckon i have saved at least £15 this week in fuel which will go into paying for the bike so i aint saved any lmao..:Doh: but i am getting more exercise than driving so all good. so far i have managed 14 miles before i charged it and at that point it was starting to see a difference in power...

But as i am 19st and was using max power i am happy :BigGrin:

Craig

13. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

More Update!!

Well i have been using this baby everyday since i have had it even in the rain like today lol, Anyway i have managed a 18mile trip with 60% battery still left :Wink: and i have to say it is saving me a hell of alot of dollar using it and worry free getting to work as i never get stuck in a traffic jam, I have timed a work college from my house on the way to work and this was the out come... This was peak morning times

3.2mile trip via road for car total time 23mins with 50/50 traffic no real hold up.

2.9mile trip for bike road/path/grass no traffic passed friend in car arrived at wotk in 13mins 10min saving and a big smile..

Craig

• Like Like x 1
  14. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Well done Craig, hope your running it in, :BigGrin: :Wink: you will soon be as fit as me. :Rofl1::Rofl1: Bob.

15. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Glad to see you're still at it, but will you still be cycling in January?:BigGrin:

Have you tried the playing card on the spokes yet, at top speed on a leccy bike it'll sound great:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  16. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

you'd do better with a lolly stick Jim:Laughing:

17. Popeye

Popeye Funster

AS Bikes Coventry

Hi guys following on from your thread. The only bikes I haven't looked at is the Gee bike that you mention. Went to NEC and back to Chris Green's fishing meet with two brand new 36volt folders from AS bikes of coventry.

Just re-read the thread and see I'm not their only customer. The butt welds looked better than most, he offers the cheapest replacement batteries in the UK and gives the best customer service of any suppliers (his words not mine).

He also attends ALL of the shows. Several days on and at least 10 miles on the bikes and still showing full battery meter.

Very pleased with purchase. Go for the 36volt not the 24volt though.................Griff:thumb:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  18. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Believe me, Peters service and after sales is second to none ..

We have 5 or 6 of his bikes in the family .. Mo an I did over 115 miles on ours during our summer break !!

Mine has now covered over 2000 miles now ( from memory.. will have to check the wee speedo to be sure but that is close enough )..

19. harryoxford2

harryoxford2 Read Only Funster

I bought two of these bikes and as they are not classes as a motor vehicle I have fitted 2 A frames to the rear of my motorhome and Im gonna drive past all the guards of seville and the police stations to try and provoke dem to stop me for avin and A frame or two.....

btw how many Spanish Police does it take to prosecute a funster with an A Frame

Just Juan

20. John and Cheryl

John and Cheryl Read Only Funster

I hate this thread.

I hate this thread.
    I had made my mind up and was all sorted, now having read this thread I need to think long and hard again.
    There is a tow bar fitted on the motor home we will be picking up soon and I found watling do a scooter carrier and was all set to get a scooter on the back because the motor home is rated at 3800 kg so should take the weight on the back and now I don’t know what to do:Sad:
    John