G'Day from Downunder!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

paradox148

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Clermont
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
2 years
Hi All! Just want to say Hello to everybody here! ::bigsmile:

Here are a few things about myself:

I live in Sunny Queensland in Australia and have been traveling alone quite a lot in my younger(much) days in my Mazda E2000 van but it was really just an old beat up van with a mattress thrown in the back.

Now much much older with a wife and two kids, I own a Sprinter and am in the process of installing some solar panels and dc-dc charger in order to go camping regularly as a family. Quite a few people to squeeze into the van! LOL. I do use the van for work as well so I am hoping to use it as kind of a mobile powerbank.

I am joining this forum in UK even though I live in Australia firstly because I have found you guys to be a most helpful and informative bunch, but also because I am hoping to be able to do some traveling around the UK. I have been in Britain a couple of times and have loved it. I felt missing out a lot as being a tourist I was mostly just doing the touristy thing and really wanted to get out to see and experience the country a lot more.

Looking forward to getting to know and learn from many of you as I am such a newbie. :winky:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
:flyingwelcome:

:Cool:ROB&JANE:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI Mate, A warm Welcome from us Here in Sweden,enjoy your travel's with the family down under, :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Welcome to the house of fun !!!

G'day mate ! Looks like we won't be sharing any prawns and tinnys at the meets for a bit !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hi All! Just want to say Hello to everybody here! ::bigsmile:

Here are a few things about myself:

[HI]I live in Sunny Queensland [/HI]in Australia and have been traveling alone quite a lot in my younger(much) days in my Mazda E2000 van but it was really just an old beat up van with a mattress thrown in the back.

Now much much older with a wife and two kids, I own a Sprinter and am in the process of installing some solar panels and dc-dc charger in order to go camping regularly as a family. Quite a few people to squeeze into the van! LOL. I do use the van for work as well so I am hoping to use it as kind of a mobile powerbank.

I am joining this forum in UK even though I live in Australia firstly because I have found you guys to be a most helpful and informative bunch, but also because I am hoping to be able to do some traveling around the UK. I have been in Britain a couple of times and have loved it. I felt missing out a lot as being a tourist I was mostly just doing the touristy thing and really wanted to get out to see and experience the country a lot more.

Looking forward to getting to know and learn from many of you as I am such a newbie. :winky:

:welcome::welcome::beer::beer:

Are you deliberately trying to upset people while we are cold, wet and damp.
:swear::swear:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
G'day and welcome to the fun, fast becoming a very international site. I also have a sprinter based motorhome, best vehicle I have ever driven. Do ask away if you need any help and maybe pop into the chatroom when you get time one morning (your time).:thumb:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome.

Do remember to time any visits to the UK to take in a funster meet or two so we can get to meet you.

Of course, if you wanted to send the return airline tickets we'd all be delighted to come out to meet you on your home territory.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
P

paradox148

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Clermont
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
2 years
Wow!! Thanks for all the warm welcome! :)

LOL Pauly, when we do get wet, we get very, very, very, very wet!!!!!!!!!!!

Heading up to Cairns next week for the 14th Nov total eclipse, it better not be one of those very wet days after the 900km drive!

OP
OP
P

paradox148

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Clermont
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
2 years
An Aussie goose funster!!! I'd be d***ed! LOL

Looking forward to knowing more about your setup, Wildman. Sprinters are great to drive aren't they? :) The only problem I have is to be able to seat 4 and sleep 4 in... get really crampy in there!:Doh:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi cobber, welcome to Fun if you want to make some serious cash, just import a used one into OZ and sell it.

Friend of mine does it with caravans and makes a fortune!

To get the most put of Fun you need to Link Removed as you only get five posts

Peter

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI again, i forgot to say this morning,i have Relatives living in Queensland, they live in Radcliffe, cheers Alf:thumb:

OP
OP
P

paradox148

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Clermont
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
2 years
Am I able to subscribe via Paypal? All the options are a little difficult to do from over here. Guess I can do a bank transfer but the bank fee would be double the subscription fee. :(

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun, great to have some pictures posted of your camping in Australia, we had 6 weeks in and around Queensland, would have given anything to have had a camper while we were there, amazing country to explore.:welcomefunster:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back