Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi there

Instead of buying an expensive privacy room for our fiamma awning we are thinking instead of a seperate gazebo for when we are at rallies this year. We can then also use it at home.
Just gives us a bit of extra seating/entertaining area with some element of shelter.

Can anyone recommend a good make and where we can get it from? Preferably one we can secure down.

Many thanks

John and Catherine

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am sure a few funsters were raving about one a few months back.

Was it @cliffandger ?

Sorry if it wasn't.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If you are going down that route I personally wouldn't worry about getting an expensive one .... B & Q and any Gardening shop will sell them and they are very reasonable. So reasonable in fact that I tend to just renew every few years, (I only use them at home) ... They are easy to put up and take down. Good idea. You can get sides for them as extras.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Lots of us funsters bought the pop up tent, but they are over £100 ... very easy to put up and take down ..... but gazebos can be in the sales in garden shops for a fraction of that.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am sure a few funsters were raving about one a few months back.

Was it @cliffandger ?

Sorry if it wasn't.
Yes it was us @Chris - one of these - a Quest pop up room:

IMG_2834.JPG

You can see the four sided one on the right and the six sided one on the left! Absolutely brilliant.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had a gazebo where the frame was knackered but we kept the material (him indoors can't bear to throw anything away). So we made our own sides...... We worked out it cost about £100 per panel......:ROFLMAO:
IMG_2750.JPG

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
All the FLORA ladies bought the pop up tents last year plus several Funsters to the point that many funsters could not find any for sale ... hopefully they will have restocked now ... right up until Christmas it was still impossible to find anywhere that had stock of the sides. Now have them but I used some of the plastic car seat protectors for dogs in the meantime .. they worked a treat and were cheap as chips.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
A gazebo is a brilliant idea but I have a feeling that some sites don't allow them. Am I right?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Another advocate of the pop-up. They can be pegged down and have guy lines as well. If a site gets 'arsey' about it being a gazebo I would tell them it is a drive away awning and tie the guy's to the wheels!!

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Another advocate of the pop-up. They can be pegged down and have guy lines as well. If a site gets 'arsey' about it being a gazebo I would tell them it is a drive away awning and tie the guy's to the wheels!!
Is this what @Trixie has? We liked hers at Malvern with the sides. Where did you get them from please?

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
All the FLORA ladies bought the pop up tents last year plus several Funsters to the point that many funsters could not find any for sale ... hopefully they will have restocked now ... right up until Christmas it was still impossible to find anywhere that had stock of the sides. Now have them but I used some of the plastic car seat protectors for dogs in the meantime .. they worked a treat and were cheap as chips.
Where were they from please?

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Quest Elite Instant Spring Up Screen House 4 ' @Stagman , John this is the one I've got plus you need to buy the 4 walls which are sold in pairs. I got mine from Glossop Caravans at one of the Warner shows but you can get them from Amazon, eBay, Robert Dyas and probably other places. As you say I make use of mine no regrets getting it and if I don't want to put it up it sits on the floor in the fiat cab in front of driver and passenger seats. Hope you , Catherine and Nelson are well.

Veronica

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
They are really good but the only downsize is that they are not small when packed away. Check that you can accommodate the pop ups in your lockers/garage.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My Quest just travels on the bed when I am on the road and quickly transfers to the foot well when on site, the same as Trixie.

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Quest Elite Instant Spring Up Screen House 4 ' @Stagman , John this is the one I've got plus you need to buy the 4 walls which are sold in pairs. I got mine from Glossop Caravans at one of the Warner shows but you can get them from Amazon, eBay, Robert Dyas and probably other places. As you say I make use of mine no regrets getting it and if I don't want to put it up it sits on the floor in the fiat cab in front of driver and passenger seats. Hope you , Catherine and Nelson are well.

Veronica
Thank you Veronica. Thats what we are going to get, but we are going for the screen house 6. We have found it on the sites you say so that is great.
We will only really take it to rallies as usually we move about when we tour, so no point. We can also use it in our garden and enjoy a bbq without wasps :D2

Hope you are ok and the lovely Trixie. Hopefully we will all see you at Chester

John & Catherine (& Nelson)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Where were they from please?

See Trixie's post above.. some of the flora's also bought hhem at rallies. The sides were difficult to find. Ambilkate and I found some at another rally.

@Cal54 can you remember where the ones that were delivered to Funsters at the 3Ffs meet came from please, to help @Stagman. Ty.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
At the Malvern MH show last summer which was our first rally with you guys, lots of Quest pop ups appeared over a two day period!! They look good but when we went to buy - they had completely sold out. Can you remind me of the sort of price they were if you remember please? Don't the sides normally come with the pop up? Thanks

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
At the Malvern MH show last summer which was our first rally with you guys, lots of Quest pop ups appeared over a two day period!! They look good but when we went to buy - they had completely sold out. Can you remind me of the sort of price they were if you remember please? Don't the sides normally come with the pop up? Thanks

The quest pop up comes with insect screen type sides. Closed sides are bought seperately in pairs it seems.
We have ordered the big six quest pop up at £229-
That was price through amazon and also from a norwich supplier from whom we have ordered with free delivery tomorrow.

Seemed an ok price as cost more at the other suppliers we looked online today at. Each pair of closed attachable sides are £22.

The four sided quest pop up one was £190 if i recall.

kitetraveller

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay 2 bed
Exp
Getting there!
We use one of these, and it stood up to some pretty fierce winds in Denmark over the past couple of weeks.

Not pop up, but quick and easy to assemble.
Trespass Event Shelter

Broken Link Removed

Cheers
Andy

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Only used the the shelter I bought from Decathlon once and that was at Vanbitz when the moho was in for the day getting the Growler fitted. Turned out to be worth the price just for that one day to stop Daisy the cocker from taking on all. Some pics from the trial build at Chester Fairoaks with out the tie downs being used so looks a bit baggy. Took about 5 minutes to put up and take down plus it rolled up into its own bag on both occasions which came as a pleasant surprise.

IMG_0423%20Large.jpg

IMG_0424%20Large.jpg

IMG_0425%20Large.jpg

IMG_0426%20Large.jpg

IMG_0428%20Large.jpg

Took 2 chairs, Daisy's soft crate and a table comfortably with room to spare. Well worth the £80 IMHO :D(y)

Deleted User
Only used the the shelter I bought from Decathlon once and that was at Vanbitz when the moho was in for the day getting the Growler fitted. Turned out to be worth the price just for that one day to stop Daisy the cocker from taking on all. Some pics from the trial build at Chester Fairoaks with out the tie downs being used so looks a bit baggy. Took about 5 minutes to put up and take down plus it rolled up into its own bag on both occasions which came as a pleasant surprise.

IMG_0423%20Large.jpg

IMG_0424%20Large.jpg

IMG_0425%20Large.jpg

IMG_0426%20Large.jpg

IMG_0428%20Large.jpg

Took 2 chairs, Daisy's soft crate and a table comfortably with room to spare. Well worth the £80 IMHO :D(y)

Decathlon also sell a larger,3mx3m, shelter with removable sides that can be used similar to a gazebo for around £120.

We have used one for 3 x 7 month winters in Portugal,be aware that they do degrade but this has lasted a lot longer than some of the similar priced kitchen tents that we have used in the past.

A new one has already been acquired and is waiting for us in Portugal, very useful piece of kit but may be a bit large for some sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back