Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Somewhere in France
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I believe there is a very nice aire in this village, but I am a bit concerned if the road up (and down) may be a little bit steep. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has made this trip. I have a 2.6 litre autotrail cheyanne and would hope to bomb up there (and down) without difficulty.
Look forward to your replies.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Campercontact gives two Aires.
First one is 'Parking Holle' at N42.73857 W0.01959. Price of €4. The photo shows three 'vans one of which looks like it's shrunk in the rain (it's lickle)
The second Aire is given as 'Parking du Cirque' @ N42.73694 W0.01278 It's down as Free with no services.
In the comments it says that Cirque du Gavernie can be reached with a donkey, a horse or by foot.(says nothing about getting there by van! A giant waterfall, snow pillars and mountain slopes.

Regards

fleurides

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote D730
Exp
Less than 1 year
I've only made the trip by car but there are no sections of the road which would cause problems due to steepness. There are some spectacular walks round Gavarnie, particularly the Refuge des Espuguettes &, of course, la Cirque de Gavarnie, which is superb.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We pass that way with a 6.5m motorhome, we have never had problems. As this location is at the head of a valley its a good idea to stay a few days so go stocked up.
Fantastic location, views are stunning. The aires are very well attended by motorhomers from around Europe, many long stay. Hope you can include this on your travels.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We visited Cauterets and Pont d'Espagne last summer. Roads were great, was quite surprised at how easy the drive was.

Wonderful part of the world, sure you'll have a fab time !

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The road is OK, the aire without sevices has great views and ;) a toilet block very near with a tap. (y)
Make sure you have good foot wear and plenty of water with you, there is no indication of how far you have to go, we went on the recommendation of @PenelopePitstop :cry:
Only wearing sandals and very little else, thinking they walked up there, :eek: but NO they only got as far as the bar, whatever were we thinking. :ROFLMAO::LOL: Bob and Janie.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Make sure you have good foot wear and plenty of water with you, there is no indication of how far you have to go, we went on the recommendation of @PenelopePitstop :cry:
Only wearing sandals and very little else, thinking they walked up there, :eek: but NO they only got as far as the bar, whatever were we thinking. :ROFLMAO::LOL: Bob and Janie.

Oi you!! Went went nearly all the way to the cirque!! We did stop at the bar for refreshments but then carried on. I was wearing either flip flops or trekking sandals! It's a great walk and one I'd like to do again sometime. We stayed at the campsite that's on the path to the cirque. Lovely views from there and spectacular thunderstorms every night ( it was July I think when we went and very hot!).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back