Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We were in Dumfries and Galloway for a few days. Ran out of LPG on the fourth day and couldn't find anywhere to fill up. On site using electric only and it colder and colder - finally gave up and came home. I know - we're wimps. Hopefully it will get warmer in Scotland soon. It was only a few days ago that we were outside in t shirts so this cold snap was particularly hard to bear ... and I didn't take my long johns. :cry:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I don't blame you going home!!!! The snow shown on TV seems unbelievable after last weeks temperatures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We were in Dumfries and Galloway for a few days. Ran out of LPG on the fourth day and couldn't find anywhere to fill up. :cry:

I know it's not much use now you've gone home and I don't know whether you meant LPG for a tank or bottle exchange, but it's worth knowing that most Morrisons petrol stations stock Calor bottles and many have LPG pumps (59 stations at the moment have LPG pump). There is one in Dumfries if you go back there where they stock Calor but not LPG pump at the moment. You can find locations here..

Broken Link Removed and here...

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Help-and...at-your-convenience/Locations-with-Calor-Gas/

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
again, bolt hutch stable door and horse springs to mind,:Blush: sorry,,
We have a gaslow but only one large bottle and then the small bottle is a standard calor lite, so that in yoursittuation we could just get a bottle from the campsite.

Always ebay to sell one::bigsmile:

sorry as said, stable door and all that.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We were in Dumfries and Galloway for a few days. Ran out of LPG on the fourth day and couldn't find anywhere to fill up. On site using electric only and it colder and colder - finally gave up and came home. I know - we're wimps. Hopefully it will get warmer in Scotland soon. It was only a few days ago that we were outside in t shirts so this cold snap was particularly hard to bear ... and I didn't take my long johns. :cry:

Hi Mags,
What a shame! Were you along the Gatehouse of Fleet end of the A75, because they always have gas at Auchenlarie. Not so sure about the LPG, but Paul has helped with this I see.
We passed people in Gatehouse the other day and got a wave from someone in their mh:thumb: Well either that or a rude gesture:roflmto:

Let us know if you're planning another trip back down, it would be nice to meet you:Smile:

From one Mags to another, never leave the long johns at home, there's always a small space in the van for them. I'm never without my trusty bed socks:thumb::roflmto:

Margaret

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
There are 12 filling stations in Dumfries area selling bottles and autogas.

Maybe.....we should put together a list for funsters????

But if you ever do get stuck again, do check the bottle stations (not fuel stations)as they are around most industrial estates around the country, and many cater for autogas etc.....they are also hugely cheaper, as they actually undercut their own dealer network!!

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We were near Lockerbie and looking for an LPG pump for a Gaslow refill - we drove to Dumfries to Morrisons but found they didn't have a pump. We had very poor 3g signal so couldn't get the internet to look it up either. Not to worry we were glad we'd come home when we saw the snow this morning.
From here on we'll fill up whenever we can.

Salopian: We're going to be in France in September so not going to the Highland meet this year. It was good to meet you there last year.
Margaret: Next time we go to D&G we'll let you know and travel further down the road.

Mags

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We were near Lockerbie and looking for an LPG pump for a Gaslow refill - we drove to Dumfries to Morrisons but found they didn't have a pump. We had very poor 3g signal so couldn't get the internet to look it up either. Not to worry we were glad we'd come home when we saw the snow this morning.
From here on we'll fill up whenever we can.

Salopian: We're going to be in France in September so not going to the Highland meet this year. It was good to meet you there last year.
Margaret: Next time we go to D&G we'll let you know and travel further down the road.

Mags

That's great, we're just outside of Gatehouse of Fleet, some lovely places to visit around us. As we're on the coast, we don't get the extremes that they get closer to the M74 end:thumb:
Margaret

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Sort of depends on how you define "soon".

If about 5 billion years, when the sun turns into a white dwarf, Scotland will for once be warm.

You must have missed all the hype in the news last week then, when Aberdeenshire had the highest temperatures in the UK:RollEyes:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Sort of depends on how you define "soon".

If about 5 billion years, when the sun turns into a white dwarf, Scotland will for once be warm.

I do love the eternal Optimist..........:RollEyes::RollEyes:

OH, and at the same time Manchester will be arrid.......:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back