Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Ok I know many of you hate Caravan Club sites but living a couple of miles from Gatwick Airport we have the Gatwick CC site on our doorstep. Predominantly a storage site it is often used as a stopover site for those flying out of the airport being it is cheaper than car parking and using your van gives you somewhere to stay the night before travelling and ofter a late night return.
The planned new runway is planned to go right through the CC site thus prompted them to seek a new location nearby, knowing the history of Gatwick I think they will take the current land in preparation for a runway anyway so expect the CC site to move.
My thought is, if they have to move why go to another spot very close to the airport perimeter, would they not be better off moving to a quieter location but still with easy access to the airport.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We store our motorhome here as it's only about 10 mins from home. So being selfish we don't want them to move far!

We heard the council had offered them some land in the Langley Green area, not sure how true that is.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
We store our motorhome here as it's only about 10 mins from home. So being selfish we don't want them to move far!

We heard the council had offered them some land in the Langley Green area, not sure how true that is.
Not sure if it was Langley Green but more the back of Ifield. There is a perfect location for a site just East of the airport at Shipley Bridge, originally earmarked for housing I believe on a former landfill, honestly it could not be a better location for a site, 3 pubs close by with good food; a garden centre over the road; excellent access roads; close to the M23 motorway; very easy links to the airport and a new housing estate being build 1/4 mile away meaning getting the site plumbed in would be a doddle, ok a bit noisy being it is near the aircraft approach and the nearest supermarket would be a couple of miles away but with a new estate being built I am sure that would include some local shops.
Perhaps I should buy the land and build my own site....anyone got a couple of million going spare! :cheers:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back