Gassing .. yes spoke to the man (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
comes fitted with 3 alarms as standard

Love your style Bob. Are you saying that your RV has factory fitted gas alarms, amazing these yanks, they think of everything. That Vanbitz alarm must be the top of the range jobbie.

Buttons it comes fitted with three alarms as standard... a smoke alarm, a carbon monoxide alarm and a LPG leak detector. They just do not work when Ezzie breaks wind.

But if you clean the floor with a Bex Bissel unit that has a spray can fitted it sets the alarms off.

Yes The VanBits (Free advert for Eddie) is the top of the range system.. not cheap but then you get what you pay for. It has of course all the lockers alarmed as well as a take of point for trailers or bikes... it has the break glass system and the movement in the cab system. Plus a few other odds and ends.. extra forms on the chassis.. it is very loud... and Eddie has the strike back system and the devils wail .. now that will make anyone that gets in the cab go.. that is a serious alarm.... no good cutting the battery power either.. all backed up with it's own power.

So yes it is top of the range. I would never consider fitting an off the shelf system myself.

I even have the immobiliser fitted by VanBitz.... my insurance company - Safeguard wanted a separate system to the Winnebago/Ford system on the RV.. so we have two complete alarm systems... plus deadlock bolts (2) ...

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Is that why it has cost him and extra £15k?
His problem is motorhome shows, money in your pocket at these shows is a dangerous combination. I always leave my cards at home if attending such shows.:thumb:
More money is waisted at these shows than anywhere. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
lets get it right £14k

Is that why it has cost him and extra £15k?

Yes the alarm plus the dome satellite tv system, 26" flat screen tv and separate DVD, pioneer back up camera and satellite nav and entertainment centre, the Sterling 1500 watt inverter (pure wave) combo charger and and the other 150 items.

But I agree shows are bad news.. you spend to much.. like the £400 on the 7" snooper that is also on the RV in the price. Purchased bear bones and then fully fitted out like as well as the serious fridge/freezer the Dometic cool box / warmer + and + and + read the advert it is easier... over 1,700 page turns as of this morning... if nothing else my RV has been seen by a lot of people.. OK they have lemonade money but clearly champaign taste:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: who can blame them... it is a great item even if I say so myself .. as I do and often.

Bob:Blush:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I think Buttons is secretly selling up, trying to reach your asking price Bob:thumb:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Gassing

Don't doubt they had a break in and things stolen, why would they make that up. Very likely they had heard about gassing stories before and were either stupid enough to assume it had happened to them or just jumped on a bandwagon to cover their embarrassment at not waking, for whatever reason during the event. Either way, total codswallop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
What is all this nonsense about gassing and wondering about in your motorhome while the occupants are asleep. I'll give a kings ransom to the first person who can wander about in my motorhome while I am asleep. Using gas or not. :ROFLMAO:

Me to

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
He has a long way to go

I think Buttons is secretly selling up, trying to reach your asking price Bob:thumb:

I suspect the price he sold it for would leave him well short of my asking price::bigsmile:

I cannot see any MHF person buying my RV, they would never get any peace and quite afterwards... as and when it goes it will I suspect be to someone unrelated to this site (I hope... I do not want to be forever having to answer questions about how this works or that works)....

The page looks is now well over 1,700 .. and climbing.. just wish someone would put there hands in there pockets.... lots of dreamers out there. I suspect Buttons is one of them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: still want to know what this spade this is Geo.

But back on thread.. despite what JIM says else where in another thread.. I just reported what the man and woman said... I do not believe in it myself... but this couple did believe in it. Now I think I have been as near to anyone that claims it happen .. you can trust me... I am a lawyer:Blush:

Bob::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back