gassing.......no opinions or 2nd hand stories

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sadlonelygit, Mar 25, 2014.

1. sadlonelygit

sadlonelygit Read Only Funster

there are over 24000 members on this site.........have any actually been gassed (other than by a partner or pet) in moho themselves.
    and if you have, what were your symptoms post gassing (except lack of worldly goods), and were you checked by medics or just told you had been gassed by the authorities or even assumed you must have been.
    just interested like:Eeek:

2. Phill D

Phill D

this has raised its head many times.... and i am not aware of anyone posting that they were personally gassed, ( by thieves that is ).

some say! they know someone who was, or was told so by someone.

there are many threads on this but i cant locate them at moment

3. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Sorry ...... it is a second hand story.... but one of the Funsters told us all personally that they had been gassed.

It was a friend of JJ's and they had converted their white van ... I cannot for the life of me remember their name... JJ are you there and can you remind me please of their story. I know they had things stolen out of their van and his wallet was actually under the mattress they were sleeping on.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I've known a couple of Funsters who were convinced that it happened to them, but had no physical evidence of same.

5. fatbuddha

fatbuddha Read Only Funster

yawn :yawn:

• Like Like x 4
  6. movan

movan Funster Life Member

OOO Fatbuddha was that you?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Hobbytwo

Hobbytwo Read Only Funster

I've been gassed in the motorhome. Shouldn't have given my husband those brussel sprouts! :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

It happened to a friend of a friend of mine.

Not only did they steal from his wallet, but they extracted his wisdom teeth as well.

• Like Like x 11
  9. acting_strange

acting_strange

I heard there were a group of people in Spain that were downwind of a certain Life Member Funster who were gassed....and he bragged about it on this forum...

• Like Like x 1
  10. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Gipsy communities also have traditional tales of gas attacks and theft within their culture - some used to take it very seriously indeed:

[​IMG]

On a more serious note - before motorhomes, gassing legends were rife among early 20th century rail travellers crossing the continent. Dastardly Johnny Foreigner types were apparently pumping narcotic gas through the vents of railway carriages before forcing entry and doing dastardly Johnny Foreigner type things to the slumbering British occupants. Pausing only to twiddle the end of their greasy garlic-smelling moustache they would utter a heavily-accented 'Mwooooohahahahaha' before twirling their cape and slipping off into the night with jewels, passports, ladies' virtue, and so on.

Pretty much the same as what happens on French aires most nights. Good job we keep Winston our pet bulldog in the camper what what?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  11. ukbill

ukbill Funster

thats about the only gassing in a mh i would believe in or maybe me after a curry :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Yep I have been gassed whilst in my van with my wife and the dog.

The symptoms were that I was really groggy and sick in the morning, the dog never woke up and was pronounced dead at the scene. My wife was ok with just some migrain complications but she was further away from the inlet.

Before anyone says it, no I had not been drinking. We were robbed and all our holiday monies stolen as well as our credit cards and a few cans of beer in the fridge.

The police said it was a very common thing in that area of France (south east west side) and they had had a numerous amounts of reported incidents of late. They were able to tell me the exact type of gas involved although I forget what it's called.

So all those that doubt my story, carry on, you have now heard it from an established motorhome with over 10 years experience of motorhoming travel throughout Europe. So now that this has been cleared up I think the doubts should now be thrown out.

Take care out there funsters and spread the word "THESE THINGS DO HAPPEN"

• Like Like x 8
  13. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Can I have two gas alarms please Haggers? I have put the money into your account. Actually I think I will have 3, better to be safe than sorry.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  15. JJ

JJ Funster

My friend that Joy (Movan) mentions above was indeed robbed while he and his wife were asleep in their self build but it was nothing to do with gassing...

They were fast asleep and the thieves went about their business very quietly.

It might of interest to some to know that these thieves (who were caught) were in a motorhome and used to park on aires etc where they knew there were going to be a good selection of possible victims...

So the theory that you are safer in your van if parked with other vans didn't hold water in this case.

JJ :Cool:

16. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

We were robbed in the night along with 10 others vans in Spain.To this day don't know how but been torn to shreads for my suspicions so will leave how it was done as a mystery. I did have a huge dog with me as well....

17. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

Gassing?

Oh, yes!

Last year on an Aire I spoke to a guy who knew a distant relative of his who'd had a chat with an elderly couple who remembered talking to a another Motorhome owner about him being gassed.

The Motorhome owner had woken up very late one morning with a blinding headache and an obnoxious smell in the vehicle to find someone had broken into his Motorhome during the night and taken all his money from the wallet in his back pocket.

His wife told him, as she washed the wine and brandy glasses in the sink, she thought they must have been gassed because she'd slept much longer than normal as well.

Luckily their Alsation wasn't showing any sign of the obviously dangerous gas that had affected them although it had unfortunately left a large deposit in the cab area.

Although his wife had convinced him that gas had been involved, certainly not the four bottles of wine and the litre of Brandy they had consumed, he had a few nagging doubts as she spent the following day shopping by herself in the local town despite pleading brassic only a couple of days earlier.

But still he narrated the story verbatim as the truth.

So, there's your proof – and it could be you next being attacked by gas!

Be prepared.

What you need is one of these masks to sleep in and avoid any possible gas attacks - https://sites.google.com/site/motorhomefruitcakes/gas-attack-pro ducts - look for Gas Attack products.

:france::france::france:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Viennese

Viennese Funster

But it only happens in France, doesn't it, not in Derbyshire? Or is Derbyshire now relocated to France?? :Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yorick

Yorick Funster

Now pronounced Dèrbÿshîré :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3