Gassing..... It must be true... (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Oh my giddy aunt... The BBC have also quoted "The police have indicated that this has become a growing problem in the region with perpetrators going so far as to gas their proposed victims through the air conditioning units before breaking in."

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Whole thing is a load of tosh until proven (that's PROVEN) otherwise. It seems the police have not actually issued any factual statement. This is just another example of why I gave up reading newspapers when they stopped including fish and chips with them.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Another GLARING example of the TOTAL GUFF the media churn out...

Yet, I see thread after thread after thread started here on Fun based on an article in a "newspaper" or a media "report".

Why, only yesterday, I read that the whole Aussie cricket team had been bowled out for 60 runs before lunch on the first day of the 4th Ashes Test at Nottingham... another example of media exaggeration surely?

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

newlifedriver

Free Member
Dec 6, 2014
in my rv
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
I don't see a upside for the french in reporting the gassing it will just hinder there tourist trade

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
i hope its laughing gas when its my turn lol

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
The BBC have updated their website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33814823

Hugh Schofield, BBC News

There has been an awful lot of rumour about sleeping gas burglaries in France, but precious little hard evidence.

A number of doubts spring to mind: What gas do they use? In what quantities? How do they ensure it will be effective in the right parts of the house? And through the air-conditioning system? Really?

In the camping-car community, there have been persistent claims about burglars using sleeping gas.

On chat-lines, holiday-makers share their experiences and ask about ways to protect themselves.

But again - no-one has ever appeared in court charged with gassing and stealing. No police-officer is on the record.

Who knows? Maybe Jenson Button was indeed the target of a gas-and-steal.

The head of a security firm I spoke with in St Tropez says he has never heard of an actual case of a sleeping gas burglary. "I don't believe in it at all," is what he said.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Havnt read any of this thread yet, I'm saving it for later, when I'm really down and need cheering up, like 3am.

I just love a long gassing thread.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The BBC have updated their website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33814823

Hugh Schofield, BBC News

There has been an awful lot of rumour about sleeping gas burglaries in France, but precious little hard evidence.

A number of doubts spring to mind: What gas do they use? In what quantities? How do they ensure it will be effective in the right parts of the house? And through the air-conditioning system? Really?

In the camping-car community, there have been persistent claims about burglars using sleeping gas.

On chat-lines, holiday-makers share their experiences and ask about ways to protect themselves.

But again - no-one has ever appeared in court charged with gassing and stealing. No police-officer is on the record.

Who knows? Maybe Jenson Button was indeed the target of a gas-and-steal.

The head of a security firm I spoke with in St Tropez says he has never heard of an actual case of a sleeping gas burglary. "I don't believe in it at all," is what he said.
That's interesting, I emailed the BBC this morning telling them it was a load of tosh - I suspect a few others did as well!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The Jeremy Vine show today is discussing JBs aledged attack.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
No doubt someone will still argue the toss !

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I can add a first hand account that gassing is real!
The other night we were pitched up near Lake Trasimeno is Italy. Anyway, long story short, we were sitting outside sipping our evening drinks, when a tugger pulled in displaying Irish plates, and they pitched right next to us.
After they had faffed about for a couple of hours setting up, we introduced ourselves, and got chatting. We had a couple of drinks and then turned in (as far as I remember).
Anyway, the next morning we woke up, the van was in a state of total disarray, it looked as if every clothes cupboard had been opened. Our bed was not correctly made up! The habitation door was wide open. Obviously we had been gassed. Both my wife and I had monster headaches, and my daughter appears to have suffered some effects. She keeps asking whether I will be singing and swearing tonight?
Anyway, the only things that appear to be missing is half a bottle of Isle of Jura single malt, a bottle of gin and all the ice cubes in our fridge, so could be worse.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Sky News states that Jenson Button and girlfriend were gassed and robbed in their villa in the South of France. Further on in the bulletin it goes on to state that it was possible that they were not gassed. An interview with a Doctor representing The Royal College of Anaesthetists, stated that it would not be possible gas anybody by pumping gas through air conditioning system as the gas would then not be sufficiently concentrated and you would need "lorry loads". Nor would it be possible gas anyone in a tent/caravan/motorhome.

colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back