Gassing..... It must be true... (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm as sceptical as everyone else on gassing , but if they have been robbed with no one waking , in one report it mentions more people in the flat, how did they do it
Surely not an insurance scam with his money

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I see another threads broken out since I posted on here:)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Does no one realise that air con does NOT have vents that draws air in from outside?

D.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of another excuse for the French police to do nothing. They are already busy enough doing very little else where.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
MERDE ALORS, GASTON HAS STRUCK AGAIN! MOOOWAHAHAHAHAHA
mad-gasser-by-aidan-wilson.jpg

This from Florida 1935:

Florida-Gasser-1024x791.jpg

..and again from Mattoon, Illinois, 1944:

Broken Link Removed

He became known by the media as The Mad Gasser of Mattoon.

Old Gaston gets around a bit doesn't he?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Still don't believe it. Are the robbers qualified anaesthetists? or just took a chance they wouldn't kill anyone :LOL:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It is believed they piped anaesthetic gas into the property through its air conditioning vents before entering the villa in Saint-Trope.
Strange there is never any evidence

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm as sceptical as everyone else on gassing , but if they have been robbed with no one waking , in one report it mentions more people in the flat, how did they do it

Didn't use gas, that is certain. I wonder how many people would be disturbed by professional thieves going through their stuff while they slept? I guess that very few would.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
BBC has now picked up the "story" on their website. I have sent them a link to the Link Removed

But it is nice to have a mid-summer gassing thread isn't it. Like seeing an old friend again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If Button is so complacent that they don't put a ÂŁ250k ring in a safe then I'd not be surprised if the insurance tell him to swivel.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I don't care...

Gas or no gas (we all know it is "no gas"), if the young lady has had a ring "worth" ÂŁ250,000 stolen, I simply do not care.

Anyone who needs to give a girl an engagement ring "costing" that much, in order to demonstrate his "love" for her, doesn't interpret the word in the same way I do...

Bet the burglar only gets a few quid for it from his fence.

After all, of what use is it to anyone?

JJ :cool:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Its some one famous so must be true?

OK can't get link on here but its In today's Guardian on line...

Jason button gassed in south of France!:)

( come on! Better then reversing cameara saga surely and its a glitzy celeb couple?)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
But the unit outside the property is condensing the humidity drawn off the internal rooms, surely? If I remember correctly, the internal unit circulates the air, cools it, and draws down the moisture into the outside unit. So I can't see that putting anything in the outside part would affect the inside. If you're in a city, your a/c unit would draw in car fumes etc... and that doesn't happen.
And I've only been with a couple of people while they were anaesthetised ( in a hospital, not a French Aire!) and the mask was fitted pretty tightly round their mouth & nose to get them under, even with a pre med. anaesthetic gas just meandering round a room wouldn't render you unconscious and if used as in this "report" the burglars would need full breathing gear with air cylinders.
It's August---silly season.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
A friend of ours was robbed while asleep in his motorhome and he and his wife slept through it and only found out when they woke up in the morning.
So it apears it can happen. . . . And No, they hadn't been gassed and they weren't drunk, just heavy sleepers

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That is the sixth thread on this I think, Eddie.... ;) You really must get up earlier........(y):D

Only cos I cant get link on from phone:(
It must be true cos they are so glamorous! In fact we are going to get gassed in a few weeks on way home! Going to be stripped bare! Rolex jewlery ebikes the lot!!??

Do you think it's to early to get a claim in?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So motorhomers cant? be gassed when sleeping in their MH's then puts a whole new question
to this previous topic:cool:
No.. they cannot..
Well they CAN but given the cost of enough anaesthetic gas to fill the volume of a small PVC ( canna remember the figure but it was worked out and posted on here before.. Something like ÂŁ5600 I believe ) plus the fact ( absolute fact ) no one has died from being gassed ( why do folk think anaesthetic technicians have to study for FIVE years ? Cos it is REAL easy to kill someone from over doing the gas by even a little ) and as yet, in all the reports, no one has EVER been able to show a toxicology report or apparently even had a toxicology examination after a 'gas attack' ..

If you were drunk would a policeman test you to see how drunk you were and the following day check to see if you are sober enough to drive ?

If you to undergo full anaesthetic in hospital it can take several days to get it out of your system.. Not a couple of hours

I honestly find it hard to believe Button and his entourage are that stupid they believed what they ( according to the Maily Drawl ) were told.
Oh... and further... If Button had been 'gassed' you can bet his team doctors would be swarming all over him by now..

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We were robbed in a hotel room in Lanzarote a few years back. Items taken from bedside etc.
They came in through open patio door.
We slept well after a boozy night, no gas required .

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have just sent this missive to the beeb:

Before repeating such absolute rubbish about the use of gas, how about actually CHECKING a few things ?
1) Ask an anesthetist how likely the success of such a venture is without killing people, and find out the cost of any anaesthetic gas .. The volume needed to fill an apartment would cost thousands.. ( yes it could be stolen but in that volume it would certainly ring LOUD alarm bells !! )

2) Air con units do NOT draw air in from the outside apart from to cool the heat exchange tubes. The air that is chilled is actually recycled from the room.. Other wise it could NEVER cool down ( same as air con in a car.. to use it you set the air to 'circulate' and close all the windows )

3) If it had been a gassing incident where is the toxicology report ( or are the police in the incident so daft as they did not order one ? )

4) If I had a multimillion ÂŁ investment in a driver and he had been 'gassed' ( sic ) he would be in a clinic and getting a thorough going over.
Just like all the stories of motorhome users being gassed, it is an absolute crock of you know what..

Instead of repeating the rubbish why not look in to WHY the French ( and indeed other countries ) police force keep on fobbing people off with the ludicrous gas story instead of actually investigating the robberies ?
Is the BBC worried about upsetting police forces or interested in reporting the truth ??

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Whilst I can quite agree that "gassing" doesn't happen I can't agree that air conditioning systems do not draw fresh air in from outside! If fresh air was not drawn in from outside then the air would eventually become Co2. I was part of the team who dealt with the fit out of our new office building and one of my responsibilities was the aircon. I can assure you that you can set the number of air changes per hour in a building with air conditioning. However in an office block the vents and aircon units are normally located on the roof if designed into a new building.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Reading the responses in the Daily Mail almost all believe that gassing happens, one even said whole railway carriages were gassed!

More likely:

Button's party all had their drinks mysteriously 'laced' with alcohol, all fell asleep, windows open, doors unlocked

But the truth doesn't get the engagement ring replaced free by the insurance company

(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back