Gassed !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
just to say
the aire by the gendarmerie in millau is fine

the most likely placed to get robbed in france is on the autoroutes or by the sea

when we lost our credit card in france the credit card company agreed to send new ones to the nearest uk honorary consul after confirming with him that he would pass them to us only after being satisfied as to our identity

hi ken and sylvia , ca va?....in spain this winter ?

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Thank you to all of you that have offered help, and it just shows what a great crowd the Motorhome Fun members are, I'm touched.

I'm OK as I found an old unused Egg card in the van, which was still valid and that allowed me to get some cash.

I stayed on the camp site I previously mentioned and they were quite happy to let me stay until I could sort out some money.

I'm now in Germany at my son's house trying to sort out a new Driving License, EHIC, and all the other card's one finds that they can't live without, then back to the UK to collect them from my C/O address.

It could have been worse and I wonder what would have happened had they not found the wallet so easily.

Thank you all again for your kindness and advice.

I will not let this put me off at all and I plan to go back to Millau next summer to get a proper look at the place, as all I saw this time were the inside of the Banks and the Police Station.

Pete:Cool:again

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice attitude Pete, don't let the buggers get to ya. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Really sorry to hear your news. We were in that very service area just last weekend, I would have thought it was a safe place, we stop there every time we head to Spain and back. At least you are safe. We bought a small digital safe from B&Q and bolted it under one of the seats/beds.

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Its only a matter of time with the amount of thieving from motor homes and caravans before one of these guys wakes the owner up and a fight will break out.

If you win your in trouble for hurting a poor sole and if they win its your fault for displaying your wealth in such a way.

Going to happen sooner or later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back