Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I awoke this morning with a tongue doing a great impression of Gandhi's left flipflop. I sat up and shivered, it was cold like there was a window open, a strange smell permeated the air. My head was heavy, I was tired and groggy. A quick scan of the Motorhome and something was wrong, where was I? I'd woken in a tiny Motorhome.

My senses caught up with me, I was in my Motorhome, but the first nights sleep with the slide in for months and the pictures were wrong. I was used to much more space. . Then I remembered yesterday's 6 hour drive, the chicken curry Sian had cooked last night and the wine, that I supposed accounted for the smells and the tongue.

Morning all....We've survived another night on a motorway aire. :)

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Lucky you didn't leave £2000 in cash, you laptop, iPads and passports on the dashboard then lol

It tickles me that when I tell people I always have, and always will use Aires, people queue up to tell me that I shouldn't

Probably the same people that want me to sign a petition every five minutes for UK Aires lol

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Morning Jim

We have just come from Spain 2 nights on Spanish Services and 1 night on a French rest area and not a bit of gas anywhere now in Belgium on a aire .

It was blowing a gale in Spain thought the motorhome was going over

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Daily Mail will be frothing at the mouth about Brexit this week, no time to report on imaginary iPads and cash stashes stolen by anaesthesiologists :)
Don't forget the missing suitcases, there are always missing suitcases........

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Beware of the tyre slasher too. We had our new tyre totally written off when someone hammered a screwdriver into it at a motorway service station outside Bilbao as we stopped for coffee in December. Expensive start to a winter away.

Very common said the police and recovery garage. No idea why as the tyre was flat on the rim within minutes and no way could we have got back on the motorway for them to flag us down and rob us.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
As long as they never stole your sence of humour Jim, you got no worries. Have a good trip back. (y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Beware of the tyre slasher too. We had our new tyre totally written off when someone hammered a screwdriver into it at a motorway service station outside Bilbao as we stopped for coffee in December. Expensive start to a winter away.

Very common said the police and recovery garage. No idea why as the tyre was flat on the rim within minutes and no way could we have got back on the motorway for them to flag us down and rob us.
Probably the tyre replace garage drumming up business!

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Daily Mail will be frothing at the mouth about Brexit this week, no time to report on imaginary iPads and cash stashes stolen by anaesthesiologists :)

Surely they could report that you were NOT gassed because all those thieving Eastern European gangs have now moved to the UK and are living comfortably on benefits in six-bedroomed council houses........

:)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
You seem very confused Jim, you'll see things more clearly when the effects of the gas wear off :LOL:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Even Gaston le Gasseurfou needs the occasional day off Jim - he'll be back to terrorise us all, you'll see.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
a strange smell permeated the air.

Probably the remnants of that Jamon Hock you bought Jim.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
anaesthesiologists
A good meaty word if ever there was one.
Thanks for the smiley sticker Jim.
Sorry you had to leave it "slid in" all night, must have been exhausting for you !!
Mitch. :LOL:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I awoke this morning with a tongue doing a great impression of Gandhi's left flipflop. I sat up and shivered, it was cold like there was a window open, a strange smell permeated the air. My head was heavy, I was tired and groggy. A quick scan of the Motorhome and something was wrong, where was I? I'd woken in a tiny Motorhome.

My senses caught up with me, I was in my Motorhome, but the first nights sleep with the slide in for months and the pictures were wrong. I was used to much more space. . Then I remembered yesterday's 6 hour drive, the chicken curry Sian had cooked last night and the wine, that I supposed accounted for the smells and the tongue.

That sounds like the same motorway aire where I was abused by two pole dancers, Ghandi's right flip flop a bottle of Gin and a pair of leaderhosen Jim, best warn people mate

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner

I almost bought a fanchise to put a stuff into tyres called superseal , at the demo,the guy put several screwdriver holes into the tyre and it lost no pressure ,they also showed a film of a i inch bolt being fired into a tractor tyre and then removed ,the tyre did not deflate , i plan to put the stuff
into my MH tyres

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I almost bought a fanchise to put a stuff into tyres called superseal , at the demo,the guy put several screwdriver holes into the tyre and it lost no pressure ,they also showed a film of a i inch bolt being fired into a tractor tyre and then removed ,the tyre did not deflate , i plan to put the stuff
into my MH tyres
It's no defence against a shredded tyre though, so a bit useless for blowouts!

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
It's no defence against a shredded tyre though, so a bit useless for blowouts!
from my experience,blowouts and tyres shredding are on the whole a result of the tyres being older than 5 years , the product would however have stopped the tyre deflating by a puncture accidental or deliberate

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
into my MH tyres

My son has a garage business he had a Toyota land cruiser in last week with this stuff in the tyres. He had to take off all the tyres and clean them it couldn't be driven the wheels were so far out of balance.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
into my MH tyres

Probably as well we did not have it in the tyre. With sealant in we would have driven off onto the motorway without realising the tyre had been damaged. Within x kilometres, no doubt in the loneliest bit of Spain, the damaged tyre would have finally given up the ghost and we would have been stuck by the roadside. As it happened we discovered the problem immediately, we were safely parked on a busy service area with cafe, phones, and close to a commercial tyre firm who dealt with council lorries etc and had the facilities to replace our tyre.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
There is only so much sun sea and sangria that any of us can take. So you are on your way back home to Blighty, your modest farmhouse will seem huge after living for so long in your tiny motorhome.. ;)(y)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We've just arrived in Spain, currently on Les Medes site at L'Estartit. First Spanish trip.
Some otherwise very nice Brits have been regaling my (rather nervous) wife with jolly tales of break ins, hijackings, fake police, organised crashes and, yes, gassings. She's taken to the gin now.:-(

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
We've just arrived in Spain, currently on Les Medes site at L'Estartit. First Spanish trip.
Some otherwise very nice Brits have been regaling my (rather nervous) wife with jolly tales of break ins, hijackings, fake police, organised crashes and, yes, gassings. She's taken to the gin now.:-(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ref tyres - hubby went to put the wheelie bin out the other day and saw a chap changing his car wheel so went over to see if he needed a hand. It transpire that the chap had been turning right into our road but as he did a vehicle coming out of it swung over onto his side and he had to pull over hard to the left, consequently he caught his car tyre on the curb and it immediately deflated as the impact must have pushed it away from the rim. Fortunately he had a spare so was fitting that but if he'd only had 'gunk' he'd have been totally stuffed.

Bearing in mind the places that some of us take our motorhomes to, and the need to take 'evasive' action sometimes due to other idiots on the road, it makes me glad we have a spare with ours!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On a serious note @Jim, I wonder if you've never had problems staying overnight on motorway aires because you have an alarm fitted and the flashing lights act as a deterrent?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back