Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
3 weeks ago I was in Cascais and now after spending most of the year in Spain and Portugal, I find myself on tour in England.
I've been snowed on, rained on and blown about but strangely I'm loving it.
Whilst being snowed on near Bury my gas supply packed up. My gauge said I had gas so I assumed that either there was too much Butane in my LPG tanks or the regulator was blocked.:Eeek:
Not wanting to let Brownhills ( they fitted the system ) keep me hanging about, I rang Gaslow, who said, that if I wanted to go down to their depot in Loughborough they would have a look at the system for me.
Richard ( the owner of Gaslow and Tyron ) met me at the depot and after discussing my problems, took off his suit jacket, rolled up his sleeves and got stuck in.:Smile:
Turns out that Brownhills had fitted a butane gauge and though it was showing green, I was actually out of gas.:Sad:
The regulator was partialy blocked so I had a new marine one fitted, replaced the rubber hoses with stainless steel pipes and an auto change over valve fitted. I paid for the parts only with a generous discount.:thumb:
Richard also replaced the tanks with ones with the handles removed ( at no cost ) If the tanks are permenantly mounted why do you need handles on them.
I have nothing but praise for Richard and his staff, but I'm not sure Richard would like everyone ringing him up with their problems, as they don't fit or repair Gaslow systems at Loughborough, it is the distribution center.

Pete

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The regulator was partialy blocked so I had a new marine one fitted, replaced the rubber hoses with stainless steel pipes and an auto change over valve fitted.

Hi Pete

Good service from Gaslow ..

Just a thought, is the regulator above the top of the bottles and are the connecting pipes fitted without dips or low points ?
If not then gas condensate and 'oily ends' can collect and cause future blockage problems..

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back