Gaslow (1 Viewer)

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi

First trip with the MH to Europe and I already think having Gaslow fitted may well be a good idea.

I see that i can buy a good double bottle system for about £330, and it seems to suggest that you can fit it yourself. If you have got a good level of DIY, electrics, plumbing etc, is this something that is safe and sensible??

Thanks Adge
:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you have got a good level of DIY, electrics, plumbing etc, is this something that is safe and sensible??

Thanks Adge

It's as easy as changing a calor bottle.

Apart from the filler. But put this in the locker and you don't have to carve a big hole in the side.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi

First trip with the MH to Europe and I already think having Gaslow fitted may well be a good idea.

I see that i can buy a good double bottle system for about £330, and it seems to suggest that you can fit it yourself. If you have got a good level of DIY, electrics, plumbing etc, is this something that is safe and sensible??

Thanks Adge

For a very little more you could buy a under chassis bulk tank, on aggregate its lighter, saves space, to my mind a much better use of your money.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have never regretted buying the Gaslow system (now fitted on both my vans.)

I have had holes bored in my vans so the filler is on the outside of the vehicle. In practice these means the "stricter" filling stations don't have a problem with you, where as if you have a door open to fill up some (by no means all) cause difficulties.

As I am very, very seasick I much prefer using the tunnel so would not, as Doug has, fit an underfloor tank as I have been told Eurotunnel don't allow you through with these tanks fitted.

JJ

What price convenience? ;-)

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
I have never regretted buying the Gaslow system (now fitted on both my vans.)

I have had holes bored in my vans so the filler is on the outside of the vehicle. In practice these means the "stricter" filling stations don't have a problem with you, where as if you have a door open to fill up some (by no means all) cause difficulties.

As I am very, very seasick I much prefer using the tunnel so would not, as Doug has, fit an underfloor tank as I have been told Eurotunnel don't allow you through with these tanks fitted.

JJ

What price convenience? ;-)

I have Gaslow bottles and think they are great, i have the filler in the cabinet.

As for the point of Eurotunnel, it is only dual fuel vehicles they won't take, as I understand a gas tank (not for powering the vehicle) is permitted privided no more than 50kg of gas is in the tank.

Hope this helps:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have Gaslow bottles and think they are great, i have the filler in the cabinet.

As for the point of Eurotunnel, it is only dual fuel vehicles they won't take, as I understand a gas tank (not for powering the vehicle) is permitted privided no more than 50kg of gas is in the tank.

Hope this helps:thumb:

It's 80 % for fixed or Calor type bottles to a maximum of 47kg. See HERE

OP
OP
AdgeRas

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
You can it seems have a 'fitted' tank if using the tunnel, but it must, like the bottles have the ability to be 'turned off' during transit through the tunnel. The following is the exact info from Eurotunnel.

Link RemovedAllowed Gas Quantities

Maximum allowed quantity

Transport of gas containers to power domestic services* for caravans, campervans, vehicles fitted out as a campervan are restricted as outline below:
- If your vehicle is fitted with a “mobile” gas container the quantity of gas is limited to 47kg (or approximately 93 liters) for a single container and is limited to 50kg (or approximately 99 liters) in the case of several containers.
- If your vehicle is fitted with a “fixed” gas container the quantity of gas is limited to 47kg (or approximately 93 liters) for a single container and the maximum filling rate is 80% (or approximately 73 liters).
In the case of several fixed containers the quantity of gas is limited to 50kg (or approximately 99 liters) on the whole with a maximum filling rate of 80% per container (or approximately 79 liters).

- If your vehicle is fitted with a combination of mobile and fixed containers the quantity of gas is limited to 50kg and rules previously described applies.
Nota: Containers must be easy of access by our staff for any check.

This filling rate will be checked via the gauge. If no gauge is present, the vehicle will be refused.
When travelling gas containers must be switched off and connection systems must be in good condition.

Opening container tap or using domestic services are strictly forbidden until the unloading on the opposite terminal.

*cooking, refrigeration, heating, water heaters...

In case of non compliance with this conditions Eurotunnel reserves the right to cancel your journey.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back