Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
Hi everyone I live near cardiff anyone know a good installer of gaslow in south wales or west country (m5 corridor) or do i need to wait for next round of shows for a good price

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You might like to try CMR... they travel around fitting Gaslow systems (08452602666)

JJ

(They fitted out both my vans...)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Try these

Chelston Motorhomes
Chelston
Wellington
Somerset
TA21 9HS

01823 662075

They stock all Gaslow products have a massive workshops and an on site CL :thumb:

Not much more than hour and a half for you (Junc 26)

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi everyone I live near cardiff anyone know a good installer of gaslow in south wales or west country (m5 corridor) or do i need to wait for next round of shows for a good price

Awesome avatar.

Plenty of people in here done it themselves. It's nearly as easy as changing a bottle. I mounted the filler in the locker rather than hack a hole through the side.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Here you go Link Removed

Shop around I did and prices for a full system fitted varied. I paid £250 for everything including a regulator with gauge, bottle and filler mounted on the side of the van. Took them about an hour. If your good at fitting stuff then as Brian said you can do it yourself. Im not confident enough so left it to the experts.

OP
OP
dewaltman

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
gaslow

thanks everyone for information hidweller avatar was photographed at tewkesbury cc site the sky was fantastic that night especially with the abbey in the foreground,barryd if you dont mind who fitted the system for you

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Try these

Dewaltman
Motorhome funster
near Wales.

really is a straight forward job for any nearly competent DIY man,,, after all I fitted mine myself.... Ive heard its so easy even familyguy Ediie could do it.:ROFLMAO:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
thanks everyone for information hidweller avatar was photographed at tewkesbury cc site the sky was fantastic that night especially with the abbey in the foreground,barryd if you dont mind who fitted the system for you

No problem

A A CADMAN GAS SUPPLIES Fits & Sells Refillable Cylinders
17 FORGE YARD
CLEVELAND INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
ALBERT ROAD
DARLINGTON
CO DURHAM
DL1 2PJ
01325 363589

Probably a bit of a treck for you unless you happen to be travelling up this way for a trip in the van. Took them less than an hour. As the last poster said you could do it yourself but for me for £250 it was worth letting someone else do it. I might have a go at changing a tap but I wont mess around with Gas. Best of luck with it.

Barry

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Are you absolutly sure that you want to use Gaslow? For a few £s more you could buy a kit and fit a under chassis tank, and it may well be lighter that 2 large bottles.

Doug...

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
How do these things work, they are plastic and have no connection to the insde of the bottle?
Any ideas?
JK

There is a float inside the bottle: maybe there is a magnet which acts on another inside the gauge, similar to the system on some older Thetford cassette toilets for the level gauge.

I don't *know*, just an 'idea' as requested.:Smile:

Harvey

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
Are you absolutly sure that you want to use Gaslow? For a few £s more you could buy a kit and fit a under chassis tank, and it may well be lighter that 2 large bottles.

Doug...

Any idea of costs (and possible problems) of fitting a chassis tank ? We have 20ft Rapido, and could do with the space gained for wet storage.

Rgds

joedenise

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Isle of Sheppey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
Gaslow

Doug...

Only problem with a tank is that when you change your motorhome you lose the tank and end up having to use Calor bottles again! Happened to us when we changed our van this summer. Planning of fitting Gaslow next year - once we've saved up enough!

Denise

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Any idea of costs (and possible problems) of fitting a chassis tank ? Rgds

60L tank is £460.72 then theres brackets,piping,filler-I'm doing same and reckoning on around £600 -we think it'll be worth it for the extra storage and the amount of gas we'll have onboard.
Have a look at CAK site Link Removed
Link Removed

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back