Gaslow refillable bottles

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Neckender, May 5, 2008.

1. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Hi there, can anyone advise the cheapest place to buy the gaslow refillable bottles and installation kit, I live in Stoke on trent, and I am a qualified gas fitter so no problems with fitting it myself.

Cheers John.

2. cabby

cabby Deleted User

I have been told there is a shortage of bottles at the moment as the new ones with the gauge are coming in.the cheapest I have found so far are on MHF outdor bits.

cabby

3. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Thanks for that Cabby:thumb:.

John.

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi John

We found the cheapest place to buy was <<here>> when we purchased ours

5. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Thank you very much for this info Brisey, I will be getting in touch with them, cheers.

John.

6. Terry

Terry Funster

7. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Thanks Terry, I will look into it:thumb:

John.

8. superk

superk Read Only Funster

9. Terry

Terry Funster

10. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  11. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi John,the only thing different to filling gaslow etc is remembering to shut the gas bottle valve, providing you fill empty bottles as I do :thumb:DO NOT TRY TO FILL PART FULL as this is asking for trouble :Eeek: :Rofl1:
    terry

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  12. Terry

Terry Funster

:Rofl1: anyway what sort of harley rider are you, most I know are black leather goatie beards and would make there own filler :Rofl1: they would rise to the challenge:Rofl1::thumb:
    terry

13. Neckender

Neckender Funster

14. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Got all the black leather but no goatie beard, perhaps that's what the problem is.:Doh:

John.

15. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Well I've done it, I went down to Gaslow in Loughborough, Picked up 2 6kg tanks, and other materials to complete the job, but it was a bit dearer than I expected £411-06p totall:cry:. won't be fitting them untill I've used the other gas cylinders up.

John.

16. shortcircuit

shortcircuit Read Only Funster

Can you please explain what kind of trouble.

17. Terry

Terry Funster

:thumb:WELL done JOHN:Rofl1:
    Shortcircuit- the only trouble I envisage is having to weigh part full bottles then calculate how much to fill them :Eeek: Better to fill an empty bottle and not take any risks of over filling.On my bottles (small) I can put 7.8 ltr fuel in so I stop at 7 ltrs so I am well with in my 80% limit.I carry 2 bottles,when 1 is empty I put the full one on just as anyone always did before refillable :Smile:I then fill my emptybottle with my filler :thumb:No problems and very simple.I am now going on the other side to try and explain this to Bob who may have even read it on here:Rofl1:
    terry

18. shortcircuit

shortcircuit Read Only Funster

You appear to be going to a lot of trouble for something that is allready taken care of with Gaslow. As I understand it the cylinder will automatically shut off at 80%

Are you using the highly dubious adapter that your weighing?

19. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi S/c NO WEIGHING INVOLVED IF YOU ONLY FILL EMPTY ONEs :thumb::Rofl1: sorry for caps :Doh: if you read the full posts you would cotton on :thumb: then go on the dark side and read my reply to bob on this subject and DUBIOUS fillers.:thumb::Rofl1::Rofl1:All will become clear :BigGrin:
    terry

20. Terry

Terry Funster

Here you go S/C to stop you having to go on the other side:Rofl1: I've nicked it and pasteing it here:Rofl1:
    bobandjane wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
    Hi Terry. I think the adaptor you say about was for the plastic bottles with the window on the side with no 80% cut of valve. Also I see : So it is about the money.

Perhaps you are right because not many people agree with me, still I have said what I think and thats it. When someone has an accident and Calor get their way and we all end up going to distrubution depots to get gas, a lot of people will have lots to say then.
    End of Rant. Thanks Bob.

Hi Bob if it was all about the moneyI think I can just about stretch to £450-500 and if not I could stay in for the weekend (away in the van that is)It comes down to simple logic-You put fuel pipe onto filler which then goes into a joint-flexi pipe-joint then tank,then reley on a flaot type device to cut off at 80% ? I put fuel pipe onto filler that goes straight into the bottle filll bottle to 7 ltrs (in theory I can put in 7.8 ltrs) turn off bottle valve.Exatly the same minus a few joints flexi pipe and float devise (do not try to tell me float devises do not go wrong I had too many old motor bikes to realise floats stick)Now who do you think has more to go wrong?Just because there are alternatives that everyone does not agree/understand with does not mean they do not work.I also have a diy Sog( £80)that cost me nothing more than a couple of cups of coffee,that also works.A diy spoiler that cost £3/4 instead of £30 because I did not know they sold them I made one instead.My tv is a normal (£150)240v / 12v jobby instead of the £350/ 400 one made purposesly for a caravan.My entire van is £10,000 instead of £30,000/40,000 (to get what I have got in)so yes it comes down to money in a way rather than bragging rights that I have got this! OH god I am bragging that I am A SKILLED handy person

terry