gaslow question (1 Viewer)

mark r

Free Member
Apr 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
c class
hi there i need some help i have been up to the local builders merchant this morning the manager was ranting at one of the staff for letting somebody leave the wrong gas bottles foe exchange i did notice a gaslow bottle in with them all so i offerd to take it of his hands the reply was put it in your van thats one less to get rid of so i need to know what i need to connect it to the motorhome and be able to fill it the motorhome is a 1991 compass drifter

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Can't help with what you need but looks like you did well for yourself, someone dropped a clanger by the sound of it.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb:
Link Removed
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
hi there i need some help i have been up to the local builders merchant this morning the manager was ranting at one of the staff for letting somebody leave the wrong gas bottles foe exchange i did notice a gaslow bottle in with them all so i offerd to take it of his hands the reply was put it in your van thats one less to get rid of so i need to know what i need to connect it to the motorhome and be able to fill it the motorhome is a 1991 compass drifter

I am not suprised the manager was not happy. If it was a CALOR dealer the firm would be charged 50% over the hire charge to replace the bottle into stock.

You got a good deal.

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Either go to gaslow website to buy connectors (you need an LPG filler mechanism) or best bet is to go to a Gaslow distributor - I paid £115 for the smaller size bottle a couple of years ago so you got a bargain!!!:thumb::thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Just shows, you were in the right place at the right time, not often that happens to us,and you knew their worth.... good on yer!!!

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
re Gaslow 'Freebie'

:Smile:

Well done.....BUT do have a quick look on the bottle [ bottom rim - from memory] it will have a date stamp and number.

Again from memory [only a few months ago,but getting even older...By the minute] :Doh: I supplied these nos. to Gaslow to get a 'Certificate of conformity' from them ...AND I think the life span is 10 yrs.

What happens after the expired date has been reached I am not sure., probably needs RE testing OR REnewing.

BUT do check with GASLOW.....I have found them most helpful:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Keep an eye on e-bay if hes lost his bottle he will be selling the filling kit soon:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back