Gaslow problems

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by vindiboy, May 23, 2010.

1. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

At the Newbury Show a friend could smell gas leaking from his Gaslow System,he went to the GASLOW STAND at the show on Friday morning and spoke to the person setting up the stand and asked for assistance, he was told "I am too busy right now F@@K off ", in those exact words, he returned later and persuaded this person to visit his van to ascertain the fault, he was rudely told that one bottle was overfilled, the cut off valve had failed and that the second bottle had a faulty shut off valve and was also duff as gas could not be turned off, [ burners continued to burn after the gas was shut off. ]The filler point had been fitted in the door of the gas locker and this is also wrong he was told,and one of the hoses used was black rubber, [high pressure ] and should be changed for Stainless Steel hose. My friend contacted Timberland, who supplied the van and who were also at the show, A row developed between Timberland and the Gaslow man,Gaslow saying they would not replace the faulty bottles as they were only AGENTS for GASLOW and were only there to sell bottles not replace faulty ones [ What are agents for ? ] The GASLOWMAN was extremely unhelpful and rude to all.After two days Gaslow proper finally delivered two new bottles via this agent and he at last fitted the new bottles. I would personally not ever have any dealings with this particular agent as he is the most unhelpful person I have encountered in a long time and would not like to require his assistance if I had a GASLOW problem. :Eeek::Eeek:

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

dont get that sort of problem with ebay specials .hello vindy have you booked a ferry yet ?soon be winter !we thought about summer in iceland but seems a difficult route to go direct .see you oin december ha ha
    cheers alan.

3. derekfaeberwick

derekfaeberwick Read Only Funster

Mmmm1, Kinda crossed my mind as well..:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

and with the saving you can go on holiday and have fun . also you can fill other peoples for the price of the gas and a pint of beer . or two. ha ha .
    derek what do you think of aframes or chhemicals in your toilet?
    cheers alan.

5. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

exactly my experience with these 80% cut off valves , too dangerous for me

that's why I fill empty bottles with an exact amount to manufacturers spec , lpg pumps are spot on

6. Terry

Terry Funster

Is this yet another case of faulty Gaslow things to go wrong :Rofl1:2 bottles and a pigtail hose :Eeek: on one job :Eeek::Doh::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    I will stick with my brain and filler :thumb:
    terry

7. vwalan

vwalan Funster

now,now .its not funny.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Doh::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::shout::shout::shout::shout::shout::shout::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

8. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

It would seem that I made the right decision and fitted a bulk under chassis tank. I never did like Idea of hulking bottles about. plus all the extra weight of the steel bottles. A 70 ltr tank is only the weight of one empty 22 ltr bottle (Approx).

Doug...

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

well that depends on the weight .ha ha.

10. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

What is the point of knocking the agent if you don't name him ???
    I have had gaslow since new and have had no trouble whatsoever !!
    As I have just said..don't whine about poor service unless you name names so that others don't pour money into a bad suppliers bank account !!...:Doh:

11. vwalan

vwalan Funster

alot to be said for that. go on who was it .then we all know.
    go on ....

12. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

I ran on lpg for 25 years with fixed tanks

had 3 80% valves fail on those ...be warned

when you are running on lpg it isn't serious , you want liquid out of the tank anyway ; but when you want gas into the motorhome that could be dangerous !

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  13. 656

656 Read Only Funster

I know the chaps on the Gaslow stand, and there is no way either of them would tell someone to F Off if they had a problem with their system. I suggest you either name and shame or retract your allagations. I will contact them tomorrow and point them at this post. I have never had a problem with them, always polite and helpfull

14. Terry

Terry Funster

I could swear blind that he says a Gaslow agent at Newbury show and Timberland m/h 's --- :Wink: -- Timberland is named (asuming they fitted it ?because they argued with gaslow stand people ? ) so who were the gaslow stand agents ?
    :BigGrin:
    terry

15. derekfaeberwick

derekfaeberwick Read Only Funster

Chemicals? Bio powder.

A frames? What the powder disintegrates.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Cheaper tugging a caravan.

16. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

be safe, get a propane refill adapter.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

17. Douglas

That may be true, but at least with a tank the faulty component can be removed, (when the tanks empty) and replaced, with a bottle you throw it away and pay again.

Doug...

18. vwalan

vwalan Funster

doug ,you missed the point some bottles dont let you down and they didnt cost to start with.
    i have a 47kg bottle here tare is 34.6kg make a lovelly tank on its side with an oulet on the top or side of bottle . thinking about it
    cheers alan,.

19. Douglas

Alan, we have been through this before, You have a commercial vehicle towing a commercial trailer with plenty of room and weight carrying capacity.

Your solutions do not work for normal A class and coach-built units.

Doug...

20. charlie24

charlie24 Read Only Funster

I have read this thread with interest. I have approached Gaslow at two shows and e mailed the company twice for iformation. The show stall holders were less than interested to the point of being rude and the company have never replied. I have bought a fill adapter.