GASLOW....Good service

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by nomadic, Aug 23, 2011.

1. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Recently we have experienced a problem with the refilling of our Gaslow 11Kg cylinders, in as much they were not filling to their maximum.

Dave at Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services inspected the system and could find no problems and discussed the issue with Gaslow. In turn Gaslow and I had a discussion and we agreed to visit them at Loughborough, so that they could investigate.

On arrival, we were warmly welcomed by Roger, coffee was soon provided, and a short time later Richard arrived.

Having confirmed the units were correctly installed, they systemically removed each cylinder, changeover valve, checked the 30mb regulator, and reinstalled NEW cylinders, all at no cost to ourselves. On route home we tested the system at one of our regular CWF depots, and the system filled to capacity.

That’s excellent customer service by both Dave Newell and Richard at Gaslow.

Thank you both.
    :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  2. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Glad you got sorted Nev. We did get your message but I haven't had time to call you back today. Anyway good news and you're all sorted now.:-D

D.

3. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

I'm having a similar problem as one of my cyclinders never registers as being full even though the LPG pump cuts off when filling which tells me they are. My guages seem pretty useless anyway and I need to get them seen to. When I left Salisbury this morning the guage on bottle no:1 read just under full, arrived here in Dartmoor 2 hours later and it now reads as on reserve!!

4. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Hi ninjayorkies,

No you do not have a problem, apparently, it is the journey vibrations that shakes the lpg, and breaks the magnetic contact from float to gauge. Ours do the same, we only take notice of the change over valve gauge. So you do not have to get them seen to!:thumb: