Gaslow fitting

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by staging lady, Aug 26, 2010.

1. staging lady

staging lady Funster

After a great deal of thought, a demonstration from Hilldweller at lake Garda, and 3 hours trying to locate the supermarket selling Prima gaz at Metz, hubby has decided we should think about the Gaslow system before the increase in vat in the New Year.

I've seen the distributors at shows and we will be at Newark.
    If you buy the system at the show will there be a fitter there?

Is it better to buy it locally. Our local place is a bit offhand and wouldn't give me a ball park figure for fitting.:Sad:

What's the best way to do this?
    Hubby has worked in the oil industry and done combustion experiments for safety research so would not want to fit it himself.:Doh:
    Lucille

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Why not talk to Gaslow and ask them for a fitter near you? They are a helpful bunch.

Philip

http://www.gaslow.co.uk/

3. MisterED

MisterED Read Only Funster

Hi,

Gaslow ...... would not be without it:thumb:, with the price of Calor these days you can easilly half your refil price!

I bought in May this year from www.motorcaravanning.co.uk the site is realy informative, and feel free to call, great step by step assistance, also I gained a good price with discounts available:Wink:.

With regard to fitting it is quite easy to do with simple tools:Blush:, my tip is to measure the locker twice and plan where to fit all the hoses, and the filling connection, I used the internal bracket for this fits a dream.

I understand your caution on fitting I admit I had one leak upon first fill but soon sorted that.

Have filled for the second time now and no leaks, with a big smile as paid £25 for 40 ltr :Cool:

If you are committed to have someone fit, I would say 3 hours labour tops!

Take Care
    Terry

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Hi Lucille, if you can fit 11KG cylinders in your gas locker then I'd suggest you look at Alugas as an alternative, holds the same volume of LPG, costs about the same but saves 6KGs per cylinder. Fitting should take no more than one hour.

D.

5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

You have a PM:Wink:

6. JJ

JJ Funster

I bought two Gaslow systems and both were fitted by CMR (official Gaslow fitters.) CMR attend a lot of the shows and fitted them there and then.

I am delighted with them (both the bottles and the fitters!)

JJ :thumb:

7. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

So someone has seen in the black beast:Wink:

I will be questioning him:Wink::Laughing:

8. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Thanks everyone that information is very helpful.

Dave, I saw Autogas in France and Italy but not Alugas.
    Are they the same?

9. billkce

billkce Funster

Hi Lucille

First, thanks for your comments re the blog.

Re Gaslow - ours is brilliant & cost only €4 to refill an empty one in Cervia!

Ours was fitted by SMS of Newark & they will be at the Newark Show. They provide excellent service. If you contact them ahead of time I bet they'd fit yours during that weekend as their workshop is 2 mins from the showground.

Their full name is Seventy Seven Motors of Northern Rd, Newark. Speak to Gavin & tell him we sent you.

Cheers

Bill:Smile:

10. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

We have Gaslow and it is proving VERY economical and easy to live with.
    My husband fitted our himself and bought all req on the internet-a lot cheaper than going the obvious route.:thumb:

11. carpyone

carpyone Read Only Funster

Best bit of kit fitted to my m/h. Easy to use and cheap to fill up both in France and UK.

12. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Hi lucile how wierd thAt we should read this post today as we are travelling through France thinking we must pm you as we have not heard from you for what seems like ages.--- I fitted mine myself (incorrectly)and it is quite simple.. Mine has the filler in the door and allegedly it should not go in there as opening and closing the door makes a problem for the hoses. However I don't have to open or close the gas locker door (rarely) so all is well. If you want to save some cash the. Order it online and shop arround as some suppliers are much cheaper than others. Plenty of opportunities to get fitted at shows by our resident mobile funster engineers.. Any hoe hope you are better than the last time we spoke,regards to Dave and see you at bath. !

13. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Don't know what is going on here . When I press reply Bill's post keeps coming up!
    Thanks for all the advice,everyone .I really appreciate it.
    On Road Runner's recommendation we have asked Ash of Home serve to fit it for us at Newark.
    Thank you Bill for the reply. Hope the trip is going well.:Smile:
    Ah Bonjour Monsieur et madame Haganap. Ca Va?
    Will send a pm. Enjoy the lovely wine and sun we have not seen for weeks! See you at bath:BigGrin:

Lucille