Gaslow Fitted and First fill (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
First fill of the Gaslow. All went smoothly. Due to windups I was expecting a massive explosion of gas when it released. I was expecting it to weigh a ton and pull the panel out of shape. No and no. The bodywork held the weight no problems and it kind of gave a little puff of gas when I released it. Bit of an anti climax......

However I just bought an 11KG Flo Gas Cylinder which cost me £27. The Gaslow cost me £12 to fill. So it is £15 cheaper per fill. At that rate it will take well under a year for it to repay itself :D I am a happy chappy now.....::bigsmile:

Last edited:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
You were certainly more successful than I was on the first attempt at filling. A well known dealer (yes you've guessed right) fitted the filler to the timber wall within the gas locker, you will see from the pic how short the screws were, also only 3 of the 6 screws were used. (the reason for the 6 holes in the woodwork is I presume that they took 2 attempts to fit it). Needless to say the filler was ripped from the woodwork when I attempted to attach the nozzle.
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed
I took it back to the workshop and demanded that they bolt the filler assembly to the alluminium base of the gas locker. Why they never thought of that in the first place is beyond me:Wacko:
Geoff.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ouch!!!!!! that's Bad.

I bought the correct hole saw and mounted it on the side of the van to avoid any problems in France.....

http://www.fulltiming.info/motorhome/gaslow-install-part-1

How anyone can cock a simple job like fitting a Gaslow system is beyond me to be honest. Especially a pro.....

Hope it is sorted now though?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A"pro" just does it for money it's not evidence of ability qualification or satisfaction.
You cannot beat recommendation as a tradesman.
Well done on your successful instal :) and there's no better clerk of works than yourself ;-)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Mine is fine (Alugas) fitted by Steve at Queenborough. The only problem I had on my first fill is that you have to hold the button in with nothing happening until they authorise it, which took ages with them being busy. This I didn't know till the girl came out of the office and showed me.

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Ouch!!!!!! that's Bad.

I bought the correct hole saw and mounted it on the side of the van to avoid any problems in France.....

http://www.fulltiming.info/motorhome/gaslow-install-part-1

How anyone can cock a simple job like fitting a Gaslow system is beyond me to be honest. Especially a pro.....

Hope it is sorted now though?
Sorted now, but I was livid about their total disregard for a customers pride & joy. Had them do it thinking it would be done right (not being gas savvy myself) but never again, every time I've gone to that place I've had to take it back because of schoolboy errors.
Geoff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TYKETRIPPER

Free Member
Nov 8, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
6 years
Camper UK. Lincoln fitted my 11kg gaslow bottle and placed the filler nozzle connection (bolted) just inside the gas locker. Full and comprehensive instructions were given by them as how to fill/use the system:thumb:.

I have no connection with the company.

Ian

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Sorted now, but I was livid about their total disregard for a customers pride & joy. Had them do it thinking it would be done right (not being gas savvy myself) but never again, every time I've gone to that place I've had to take it back because of schoolboy errors.
Geoff.

This is why the little firms some of who come on here are still going strong they have to do a good honest job or go bust. I would list a few but when I missed someone out unintentionally it may not go down to well.You know who they are by now anyway:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back