Gaslow Filler in Chausson Skirt (1 Viewer)

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I'm going to fit the Gaslow system on Saturday and was looking tonight at the location I'm putting the filler. I've not got too much room in the locker so fitting the optional bracket in there is something I don't want to do, plus I'd rather not open the locker to fill.

The skirt on our Chausson isn't the thickest of plastic, but feels quite sturdy, but still once the heavy LPG nozzle is fitted, I don't want it to crack/snap the skirt. I can make up a bracket to strengthen behind the skirt to support the filler, however, I was just wondering if anyone else on here has the filler fitted to their Chausson. Ours is a Flash 03, but I suspect most Chausson's have similar skirts.

Although not ours, the picture below of a Flash 03 clearly shows where I want to fit the filler. It's directly below the left hand side of the Gas Locker

Link Removed

Thanks

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The filler nozzles are pretty heavy, and unless you have more hands than most, the plastic will have to support the whole weight of the nozzle and hose while you hold in the button on the pump.

My gas locker is larger than the door so mine is fitted through the van wall next to the door and is therefore strong and rigid. If you can't do this then some sort of reinforcing bracket is advisable behind the skirt so its not just hanging in the plastic.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Acutally, thinking about it.....

Looking at the photo, it's possible that I might be able to fit it in the wall below the locker door as I can't see how that'll be inside the living area.

I will take a look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you get the gaslow internal locker kit you can use the steel bracket to re-enforce the skirt

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you fit it as planned the filler and protective cap will need regular cleaning....

it will catch all the crap and spray from the rear wheel

mine is around 4ft from the ground and if left uncleaned it can be a bugger to remove for filling.......not much to grip if it doesnt spring out when turned.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Thanks for all the tips.

If it goes in the skirt, then I'll conceal (not seal) the back to stop the (majority of) dirt although it will already be directly behind the wheel arch seperated from the wheel but as you say, the outside will get a bit of spray.

Good tip about the filler bracket, but I've plenty of angle to use to make a brace behind skirt.

However, as mentioned, I'll explore the area below the door to see what's behind it. The gas drop is quite large in the locker which is wehre I intend to take the filler pipe through, so may work out perfect.

Whatever I end up doing, I'll document.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Well, in the end there was no choice but to put it in the skirt. Good news is though, it's a pretty strong part of the skirt and in fact, fitting the filler made it stronger. Shouldn't have any issues with the nozzle. Also ran the pipe through the gas drops to save drilling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back