Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
I'm thinking of having a Gaslow setup installed and an outside filler point. I have a couple of questions.....

Is there standard external filler point fitting and is it compatible with LPG pumps at petrol stations? A gentleman I spoke to at a local Shell station started telling me I needed to make sure that the filler was like (there followed a long description of the nozzle/filler point design which I have forgotten).

Is there anywhere on the web that gives a reliable list/map of LPG pumps? The only one I've found to date seems woefully incomplete/incorrect.

Thanks in advance

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I bought a Gaslow cylinder kit and had it fitted by the mobile guy who does my annual habitation checks. Other systems are cheaper though.

The Gas-It continental filler adapter set was the best value I could find.

If you look at the Autogas website you get a fair idea of what pumps are available in the UK, although that's not the only source.

In France you're looking for GPL (not LPG) and you can get SatNav POIs that show you where they are.

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
When I purchased my Swift Kon-Tiki Tag it had a underslung tag, when I collected it, the tank had been removed as it was found

to be dangerous. This was later confirmed as it was very rusty.

The filler is in place and I assume at least some of the pipework is under there somewhere. I think I need a tank, a cage and

fitting/testing.

My locker takes two 13kg propane bottles.

We might be able to go to Spain next winter for possibly 3-4 months, the plan would be to spend probably a month or more on a

site.

While on site, moving just to get gas is not a option, i don't need the locker space so would probably want to keep maybe 1

propane in there and maybe leave space for a local bottle just in case.

I have a BBQ point outside which is inside the awning we would be using.

First question is how to decide what size tank I want, I assume it is always best to get the biggest that will fit?

How do you know how the capacity of a tank equates to my 13kg bottles?

Can you also use bottles in the locker when you have a tank, or is that connection disconnected to feed the tank?

Are there any other options I have not considered?

Thanks

Steve

Upvote 0

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
For LPG stations take a look at mylpg.)/QUOTE]

I am using the myLPG.eu iPhone app in Spain / France at the moment.

Very good experience so far.

Coverage from western ROI to eastern Turkey. The Minsk ring road seems very well covered.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if you have an android phone or tablet try the "fillLPG" app. It is free from the app store, only covers the uk but is kept up to date and has prices as well, handy to find the cheapest in any particular area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
When I purchased my Swift Kon-Tiki Tag it had a underslung tag, when I collected it, the tank had been removed as it was found

to be dangerous. This was later confirmed as it was very rusty.

The filler is in place and I assume at least some of the pipework is under there somewhere. I think I need a tank, a cage and

fitting/testing.

My locker takes two 13kg propane bottles.

We might be able to go to Spain next winter for possibly 3-4 months, the plan would be to spend probably a month or more on a

site.

While on site, moving just to get gas is not a option, i don't need the locker space so would probably want to keep maybe 1

propane in there and maybe leave space for a local bottle just in case.

I have a BBQ point outside which is inside the awning we would be using.

First question is how to decide what size tank I want, I assume it is always best to get the biggest that will fit?

How do you know how the capacity of a tank equates to my 13kg bottles?

Can you also use bottles in the locker when you have a tank, or is that connection disconnected to feed the tank?

Are there any other options I have not considered?

Thanks

Steve

Can you also use a bottle in the locker with underslung tank, or would I have to use the BBQ point?

thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back