Gasit underslung tank - Autosleeper (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Question please...

On my previous van conversion we had a bottle that you turned the tap off to isolate the gas when ever the gas wasnt required or when travelling.

Our Autosleeper Kingham has an underslung tank but I have no idea how one isolates the tank when travelling apart from the individual gas isolation valves for the water heater, cooker, fridge etc ...is there a mains tap to turn off...if so where ?

Thank you in advance

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
On the Warwick Duo there was an aluminium cover on the side of the tank and the main "off" valve was under it. Very difficult for an elderly gentleman to reach under to switch off. I guess the Kingham has similar.

OP
OP
sylvester1954
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you for that - my next question is are you then supposed to isolate the tank each and every time that you are on the road as one does in the previous example that I gave ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I had my AS for over four years and never use the tank off switch. I only ever isolated items using the inline on/off taps. They were in the cupboard by the cooker apart from the external bbq point which was under the near side seat.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I never turn ours off, no way I'm crawling under the van to do it. I was under the impression that they had safety system built in, in the event of an accident.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Our Broadway as an isolation lever underneath but you have to get down on your back so I never turn it off.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back