Gasit underslung tank - Autosleeper

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by sylvester1954, Oct 26, 2015.

1. sylvester1954

sylvester1954 Funster

Question please...

On my previous van conversion we had a bottle that you turned the tap off to isolate the gas when ever the gas wasnt required or when travelling.

Our Autosleeper Kingham has an underslung tank but I have no idea how one isolates the tank when travelling apart from the individual gas isolation valves for the water heater, cooker, fridge etc ...is there a mains tap to turn off...if so where ?

Thank you in advance

2. JohnH

JohnH Funster

On the Warwick Duo there was an aluminium cover on the side of the tank and the main "off" valve was under it. Very difficult for an elderly gentleman to reach under to switch off. I guess the Kingham has similar.

3. sylvester1954

sylvester1954 Funster

Thank you for that - my next question is are you then supposed to isolate the tank each and every time that you are on the road as one does in the previous example that I gave ?

4. JohnH

JohnH Funster

I had my AS for over four years and never use the tank off switch. I only ever isolated items using the inline on/off taps. They were in the cupboard by the cooker apart from the external bbq point which was under the near side seat.

5. golly

golly Funster

I never turn ours off, no way I'm crawling under the van to do it. I was under the impression that they had safety system built in, in the event of an accident.

6. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Our Broadway as an isolation lever underneath but you have to get down on your back so I never turn it off.

John.

7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Only time I turn off the gas is on the tunnel. Often they check.