Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Met up with a couple of fun members today petensal (nice people:thumb:) and discussed the merits of refillable gas systems. Which I think I will go for. My question is gasit systems are considerably cheaper than gaslow but appear to be very similar has anybody any experience/opinion of gasit system before I part up with the hard earned cash please?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
All much of a muchness. Buy the cheapest one if you are fitting yourself.
I was surprised that the Gaslow system worked out cheapest when I bought 2 months ago....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
The bottles would appear to be identical,

Gaslow fittings, valves, pipes etc are in my opinion,
superior quality and the back up and warranty
second to none.

Self installed Gaslow to our van.

regards
steve :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hiya, this was what I posted on a previous thread Broken Link Removed

We only bought two aluminium refillable cylinders from Gas It as we already had the Gaslow system in the van. The service we received was first class. Next day delivery. unfortunately one cylinder had a rattle. I emailed the company and the following day I got an email back from the owner, who had just arrived in America for a holiday, he had already arranged for another to be delivered (direct from FES) and the first to be collected, that all happened the next day :) When I asked for documents for the cylinders regarding compliance he got those to us too. Very happy with the product and the price too. Jane

54mud

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
Safefill bottles

A friend of mine (who does gas convertions for cars etc) has developed and sells these gas bottles, that you can refill. www.safefill.co.uk .They are plastic, so are light weight and you don't need any extra pipe work.

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I recently installed a GasIt system and had no problems in buying from them. I considered GasLow, Alugas and GasIt.
GasIt was the lower cost option, the cyliinders seem to be of similar quality to GasLow.
I just based my purchase decision on 25 years in the compressed gas/installation business experience

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
dont discount a permanent fixed tank though as in reality you can then carry more gas (weight permitting).
i have a single gaslow which i find is ok when travelling around but for ease if sited for a month or so especially over the winter its more convenient to just swap a calor bottle.
horses for courses really. if you get a fixed tank under the van you can have it so you can still use standard gas bottles in the gas locker which is what i should have done looking back.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Gaslow n gasit are from the same factory just different colour.
Until recently Hamilton gas supplies were cheapest but gasit have since reduced their website prices so there is nowt in it.
If I still had mine to fit I would use gasit at today's prices

NickF

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Nr Caernarfon North Wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze
Exp
on and off for years
The bottles would appear to be identical,

Gaslow fittings, valves, pipes etc are in my opinion,
superior quality and the back up and warranty
second to none.

Self installed Gaslow to our van.

regards
steve :thumb:

Just for clarity and so everyone is aware, our GAS IT bottles, valves, fittings, pipes and so forth are the same superior quality and identical in every way to Gaslow's great quality items as noted by Steve ( spannermanwigan) as we both buy the same brands and makes from the same factories....the only exceptions i know about are our regs, change over valves which are Cavagna and come with our no quibble 5 years warranty against contamination, failure etc, where as Gaslow have now change to Clesse products, and our GAS IT non rubber fill pipes and other GAS IT non rubber pipes are made in house by us in any lenghts and come with a full lifetime garentee against causing any contamination or failing in use.

Our bottles ( made in the same factory as Gaslows by the way) come with a a full 20 year warranty, where as i think Gaslow's only come with a 15 year one but i'm not sure.

I hope that clarifies the GAS IT quality and backup service etc.

Nick.

nick@gasit.co.uk

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
can you connect more than one refillable bottle to your system or do you change over bottles like regular calor bottlrs

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Have had the Gasit system now for approaching 2 years , using a 1 x 11kg bottle set up . although 2 x bottles is no problem , as long as you have the locker space to fit them . Never had any bother with it .

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I fitted the twin Gasit system with an external filler last year and I was very impressed with the price, service and quality off all the parts supplied. (even down to the little leak detector bottle with the kit)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Met up with a couple of fun members today petensal (nice people:thumb:) and discussed the merits of refillable gas systems. Which I think I will go for. My question is gasit systems are considerably cheaper than gaslow but appear to be very similar has anybody any experience/opinion of gasit system before I part up with the hard earned cash please?

Some of this topic has already been covered in a topic called 'GasLow Refillable' by Chaser and I'm sure your find some interesting posts there..have a look at page 6 my photos of my single installation:Cool:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp

I've fitted the Gasit system because of the price difference. Everything seemed really good quality to me and had no problems since i got it. :Cool:

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Gasit

Gasit for me, high quality easy to fit free advice (prompt replies) and For me it worked out cheaper than Gaslow.
Fitted 2x 11kg cylinders with auto change & exterior fill poin on my Hymer.
Very pleased with the product & customer support.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Just fitted 2 x 11kg gasit system with auto changer, simple job but ordered wrong size regulator my fault, had the right one in 12 hrs magic.
Bill

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
As posted elsewhere, see receipt after thirteen days off EHU two nights with heating on. Gas It system with external fill point.
image.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Gasit and Gaslow are NOT the same, despite being made in the same factory.
Having had both systems, I would say that the Gaslow bottles fittings, and the steel hoses are superior to Gasit. BUT if the price was significantly different then Gasit would be my choice as it worked fine.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They're not the same now but they were when this thread began
Gaslow only market the R67 bottle now but there's lots of old stock about.
There are also lots of stainless steel hoses that leak so don't anyone assume that brand new out of the bag will be ok
Broken Link Removed

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Recently fitted two 11kg Gasit Plus bottles.

Space was a bit tight in the gas locker, so drove the motorhome to Gasit's premises near Caernarfon. Staff there were extremely helpful and we played around with different bottles, pipes and regulators to make it all fit.

The system works as it should and I'm more than pleased with it.

A big thumbs up from me for Gasit's excellent customer service.

Mike

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
As posted elsewhere, see receipt after thirteen days off EHU two nights with heating on. Gas It system with external fill point.View attachment 76804

Yes, but it would have been the same with any system, gas usage is just that, Gaslow (and others) would have the same result.

(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back