buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Wondering if anyone knows whether you can use a gas tank to run a petrol car for running the onboard appliances is there a difference eg is a gas appliance tank gas take off and engine one liquid take off got a friend who has a gas tank in a salvage berlingo van that he has broke for spares wondering if I can make a frame and fit it to the motorhome thanks

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I watched a liquid take-off tank being converted to vapour take-off. The best option is to buy the correct valve unit - they both fit in the same place but one has the outlet pipe heading for the bottom of the tank and the other for the top. That's the only difference between the valve units. A second option is to remove the valve unit, bend the outlet pipe so it ends close to the top of the tank, then replace the valve unit.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Could change the valve but the tanks half full probably not worth the bother
Turn it upside down, use the gas (DON'T attempt to fill), sort out the valve, reinstate it correctly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I fell for this.. ended up being a lot more grief than I needed to be honest ( The advice above is all good but it is still a pain in the parts )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back