Gas Ring Won't Stay On (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I can light it ok but when I release the button for that particular ring it goes out. I've taken it apart and cleaned the gas jet with no success. Could it be the Thermocouple? or any other ideas?

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
is it the same for all of them? if not I would think something is misaligned (y)
No its just one of the 4 rings on the hob. Its the most used one so I thought it might of got sooted up but the jet seems clear. I would say its unlikely anything is unaligned as up until now I haven't taken any of it apart and nothing has been knocked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
the plate in the middle has to be sat on correctly, every time Bev cleans our hob I have to 'mend' ours
Yes I know what you mean but mine screws down so you can't knock it off centre.

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Jez make sure the flame is covering the sensor next to the burner. We have one burner that has had the same problem adjusting the sensor position solved the problem. If no go then new thermocouple required.
Rex

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had the same problem on two burners.. discovered it was accumulated burnt on dirt under the plate which reduces the flame and in turn fails to heat the thermocouple sufficiently..

Unscrew the top plate on the burner and check that it and the burner is clean.. while you are at it.. good idea to clean them all..

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
What model hob have you got ? Two of our rings wouldn't stay alight on our Cramer hob, I removed the front plate with the control knobs on and wiggled the Lucar connectors from the thermocouples, been fine ever since (y)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We occasionally have a similar problem.
By opening a drawer next to the hob I can just reach the ignition wires for the offending hot plate. Usually by jiggling the wires it goes back to working properly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back