Gas Regulators

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bailey, Sep 26, 2012.

1. bailey

bailey

Guys as you know i have had my problems with my Truma Reg the advice given was get a Gaslo when i went to my local dealer they could sell me a Gaslo but at a lower cost they sugested a Cavagna Reg has anyone had this one

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Those that know me will recognise this as a rare statement from me !!

Go with what is recommended by others and has a good reputation.. It may be a few bob more but even I, the meanest bloke on the block, will not scrimp on things gas.

3. bailey

bailey

I agree and i could buy anyone of them there is not that much of a diffrence price wise i have been going to this dealer from day one so its no skin of his nose which one i go for there is a 7 year warr on the CAAVAGNA

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Not bought one so no personal experience, but looking at the Cavagna site they are a Global company with a UK branch and supply regulators to a wide variety of industries .... leisure, industrial, medical and scuba diving .. I wouldn't hesitate in buying one.. they are made in the UK and it will have a warranty

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Ahh.. now you see there are two things in that sentence to worry about

1) Made in the UK ( sorry.. as much as I promote the UK as much as pos I no longer have much faith in what is made here :Sad: )

2) Warranty... Warranty is not a whole lot of good if, like us, you are out of the UK more than in !
    If it lets go whilst abroad will you go without until your return or just bite the bullet and buy a replacement, getting the duff one replaced under warranty upon your return ? ( and then, if you are like most folk, forgetting to return it and finding it in a locker 10 years later !! LOL !! )

What I am saying is that a warranty is a fine and good thing but in many cases not a whole lot of good 'in the moment' ( if you see what I mean ), so what warranty is on such a product should not nec. be taken in to account ( god I am twisting myself in knots here.. I know what I mean but for some reason am finding it hard to express )

6. vwalan

vwalan Funster

if it was me i would change to an old fashioned bottle top reg . thery just go on for years .can cost as little as 3 quid . and you can always change where ever you are.
    hear nothing that wants to change my mind . i still use old uk butane reg or a uk propane reg. seems far better to me .

7. aba

aba

just get a clesse one and have done with it.

as i understand the truma ones have a warranty its just not worth the paper its printed on.